Track Last weekend... Truck Seems Slow

Monster Stroke

Reaction score
Ok guys I have my 08 ec/sb with a 4" lift and 35's.

Full exhaust, EGR blocker plates, Intake and IDP Extreme X Tune.

Only ran a 13.5... Everytime!!

I ran a total of 5 runs and they were all 13.4-13.7 with a 1.8xx 60' everytime.

I don't get it? I was under the impression it'd be a mid-high 12?

It didn't matter how hard I launched it, it was the same everytime....

And that was 4wd launch.

Monster Stroke

Reaction score
I dropped the tires to 45 all around. And I didn't shave any weight but it's only a extended cab short bed with half a tank of fuel lol

Oh and trap speed was 98mph everytime as well...

extreme3807

Reaction score
Bump your pressure down quite a bit. My ec/sb weighed in at 7600 before i put it on a diet with half a tank as well

Ouch

Reaction score
Might seem weird but Ive been told before you run a truck unhook your batteries completly for 10 min or so..

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Do not unhook your batteries!!! Just drop your tire pressure a bit more around 30-35

Ouch

Reaction score
Something with the computer gets used to how you drive then when they get unhooked it resets itself.. No clue if it does anything but who knows.. whats it going to hurt..

3brorce

Reaction score
My truck does seem a lot faster when I first load a new tune and then it seems like it fades out a little the more I drive it. I understand where your coming from

madman1234509

Reaction score
This + altitude + not race weight + to much tire pressure + no trac bars

^^ that. what is the altitude there? Get the spare tire, tailgate, maybe back seats? whatever random useless stuff out of the truck. Are they 35" mud terrains? Trac bars will def. help get that 60' down to 1.6.

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
When you start talking about 8K lbs, lifted and additional rotating mass it's hard to complain about mid 13s. Everyone knows the difference between a 14.5 to a 13.5 to a 12.5 is exponential, so at these speeds the small things start adding up...

put some Toyo proxys on your stock rims, traction bars and drop some weight! I bet it goes down.. what about the X-Race also? did you ever run it?

Question, how do 60' foot times equate to trap times.. I mean going from a 1.8 to a 1.6 doesn't mean 13.5 to 13.3 does it? 60' times are the most important part of the entire race right? I'm not much of a drag racer..

Last edited:

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
^^ that. what is the altitude there? Get the spare tire, tailgate, maybe back seats? whatever random useless stuff out of the truck. Are they 35" mud terrains? Trac bars will def. help get that 60' down to 1.6.

If I remember right altitude is around 4500 ft.

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
That doesn't sound like to bad of a time for all you have on and altitude..

Deff don't un hook the batteries. Your trans wouldn't have time to learn and would throw a **** fit.. LOL

pog

Reaction score
tunes feel strongest when you reload them. ive heard of people reloading the tune before they head to the track. that way it has a few miles to go through the gears. i personally wouldnt want to load it at the track.

Monster Stroke

Reaction score
Altitude at the track is 5,300ft. DA for that time and day was 7,300ft.

I have a set of trac bars for it just haven't installed them yet. And I do have the stock rims still... Thought about putting some Nitto 420's on them and then the trac bars and see what it'll do... Haven't ran the X race tune because the only one I bought was the Extreme X one.

But I decided I'm gonna leave it as is just through the 30th of this month and enter the bracket racing one instead of heads up. I mean it ran within 3/100ths of a second every time!! If that's not enough to win the thousand dollars I don't know what is lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.