Traction bars/block. PMF or OUO?

Motostroker

Reaction score
Not trying to start a pi**ing match. Just need honest feedback. Pmf or OUO traction bar and blocks? I want something noise FREE. My newton traction bars squeak horribly( yes I lube them) but yet it never goes away. I will be running a 4.5 inch block. With newtons design it causes binding when flexing the rear axle slightly.

This
http://www.pmfsuspension.com/Fabricated-Unitized-Floating-Traction-Block_p_9.html

Or this?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364791488.711932.jpg

doubledrop

Reaction score
I've heard great things from each. I'm gonna hAve Trevor build me some traction blocks to match my rize quad link myself.

NotStock

Reaction score
These threads never go well regardless of the OP's honest request. Truly what I think you should do is figure out what you do with your truck and compare to similar customers with the same needs/goals. Figure out what your budget and needs are in comparison with the customers and product you are considering. Then base your decision on your own findings. Truly, Im certain you wont be unsatisfied with either choice and if you were with our product, I will do whatever I have to in order to correct the situation. As always, if there is anything I can do to assist you, dont hesitate to shoot me a pm or call anytime!

3brorce

Reaction score
Awesome post right there. Trevor answered a few questions on a 3 link for me and when I get the $$$ I will be going with his product.

Motostroker

Reaction score
Thanks Trevor! Mike has some used OUO traction blocks laying around which I'm buying ( might as well save some cash) but I will be calling you today to order some front end upgrade parts such as draglink, and trackbar. Thanks again everyone.

8luggin

Reaction score
I'm running one up off road products front to back no squeaking,rattling etc etc.use to feel a vibration from take off before I got them and its gone now. I got them from Jared at rcd love them. He spec'd me out what I wanted for my truck perfectly with little information I knew about the lift on the truck.

Not the greatest pic but you can see the traction bars and ala's
-DD0A-4E52-9D6B-34393C4E9DD8-1591-0000015758C04201.jpg

08forddr

Reaction score
Bought my PMF's about 2 months ago, I can't complain. No noise, real strong joints and bars. When I was looking for some bars, OUO was a little more money then PMF.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Something to keep in mind when comparing these 2 products,

the PMF is a TRACTION bar in the sense that is works like a ladder bar and put downward pressure on the rear axle by leveraging against the chassis and also stops the axle from rotating.

The OUO is a anti wrap bar that stops the axle from rotating and causing axle wrap.

We have used both with good results.

Layson

Reaction score
Something to keep in mind when comparing these 2 products,

the PMF is a TRACTION bar in the sense that is works like a ladder bar and put downward pressure on the rear axle by leveraging against the chassis and also stops the axle from rotating.

The OUO is a anti wrap bar that stops the axle from rotating and causing axle wrap.

We have used both with good results.

Have you used both the triangulated PMF traction bar and the PMF single traction bar?

Can you explain how it creates the downward pressure? Do you mean that the bar is pushing back and resisting upward movement into the wheel opening.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Have you used both the triangulated PMF traction bar and the PMF single traction bar?

Can you explain how it creates the downward pressure? Do you mean that the bar is pushing back and resisting upward movement into the wheel opening.

I have not used the PMF single bar only the floating triangulated setup.

The PMF floating system tries to lift up on the chassis there by putting downward force on the axle.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.