Trailer plug has no lights

Stroken7.3

Reaction score
My factory 7 flat trailer plug isn't working, I do have trailer brakes but no lights at all. I checked my power distribution box fuses 1,3 and 4, thoses fuses have no power on either side of the fuse and I also did a visual check on them and they weren't blown. Does the key need to be on to send power to those fuses? All my truck lights are working fine. Thanks for any advice.

Tom S

Reaction score
At least on the OBS a few of those are relay controled in the underhood fusebox.

Tom S

Reaction score
Not sure on that but I think I have the SD wiring diagram uploaded in the library so I bet that might be helpful for getting this figured out. If it was OBS I have the books here at my desk.

Stroken7.3

Reaction score
Just went and turned on my lights and flashers and the fuses 1,3 and 4 have power, they have to be activated by the light switch, turn signal and brake switch. I'm sure I just need to rewire a new plug.

JLDickmon

Reaction score
On the SD's, there is a couple relays behind the dash (under the radio) that need to be installed.. I know they come in the kit.. they go in the same block the turn signal relay (the blue one) is..

JLDickmon

Reaction score
My relays have been installed from the day it was new. I think my original plug has corroded wires, as it used to work great.

that happens..
I used to see it all the time when I was wrenching, as I specialized in electrical issues.

You trailer plug leads back to a square-ish 8 wire connector that breaks out of the main harness up over the spare tire.. I've seen lots of corrosion creep in there, too.

Latest posts

Members online