trailer tires

punkrockford

Reaction score
Was pulling my 9 to 10 thousand pound toy hauler and had my first blow out. The tires on it are the ones that came on it new. they are hercules terra trac m/t. Had no issues with them until now. Looking to replace all 4 tires. Any ideas on which is a good trailer tire?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Goodyear are great, plus G rated have to watch what rim you put them on because the rims most likely wont be rated for 110 psi. All trailer tires suck actually.
I would run LT tires on it, opinion though. I run them on my car trailer which is dual axle and they have worn better that the trailer tires I ahve ad on it. I cant on the triple axle because my axles are too close together to run the 235/85/16, have to run the 235/80/16.
I have Omni tires now and like them. Here is a secret on trailer tires, run them about 5 psi higher than the sidewall. Has worked great for me.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Sub'ed.... My trailer tires suck. Marathons XLs. It is what came new on my 2008, 18,000 lb, 40 ft, 5th wheel toy hauler. Blew 4 of six on a trip in May. I replaced the others as well. Still not crazy about them. Looking into going with a 17.5 rim and tire. they seem to be higher load capacity, as the 19.5s, but not as expensive.

1ofakind79

Reaction score
I too swapped my trailer from trailer tires to LT tires this year. They wear better and seem more stable with a load on them.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
To thoughs of you running lt tires are you running load range e tires?

I think you need at least a load rated tire of 3750 per tire even better would be 3900 per tire.

Load range e is deceiving because you can have anywhere between 3040 - 3450 per tire

Latest posts

Members online