Train Horn Installs... Let's see them!!

Denver

Reaction score
DSC00664.jpg

DSC00665.jpg

DSC00666.jpg

jwlandry

Reaction score
That's very similar if not identical to how my friend has his. I'm on the fence about lowering the stance of the truck, atleast in the back to level it out (once I figure out the easiest way.. Lol) so I want to make sure nothing will get damaged.

The only thing that hangs down on mine is the *90 and quick connect air fitting. Everything else is tucked up pretty high.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
This thread is giving me good ideas of how to remount my K3s... thanks guys!

Spare tire was a nice spot, but I may try something different now.

bpcheramie

Reaction score
Please post pics most of us that have not done it but want to so help a person out please.....

Imcummin

Reaction score
I took a few pics for ya today. I mounted my tank in the center cause that just seemed to be the place that it fit the best. The 3/8 lines are from the compressors and the 1/2 line goes to the horn.
IMAG0535.jpg

I installed the electric valve as close to the horn as possible so it would be instant full dB's. As it is, you can not help but have an involuntary movement when I blow the horn.

(Note the valve just above the horn.)
IMAG0536.jpg

This is the bracket that uses the two holes from the spare tire assembly.
IMAG0538.jpg

The OP has the ability to mount his horns individually so he can mount them along the frame rail. The spare tire location works well for anyone wanting to use a k5 or k3 type horn with the original manifold.

2stangs8689

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's guys. I was intending to do a tool box install for this, but I'm changing my mind, not crazy about losing the bed space.

They showed up yesterday, but of course I'm back to work now, so the install will have to wait until I'm off again. Started looking at it last night tho, leaning towards air tank to mount right after trans crossmember, with compressor on the other side of the framerail. I'm going to try to use some existing holes from the factory, but until I can get the truck up in the air, it will have to wait.

jdc753

Reaction score
I took a few pics for ya today. I mounted my tank in the center cause that just seemed to be the place that it fit the best. The 3/8 lines are from the compressors and the 1/2 line goes to the horn.
IMAG0535.jpg

Maybe I missed it but how many gallons is that tank? Looks perfect up there :thumbsup:

bpcheramie

Reaction score
IMAG0535.jpg

I am not seeing the press reg for Turning on and off you compressor.... I like the tank location.... I may have to look and see what I can do under mine. Short bed correct....

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I have grover horns on my truck and mounted them up underneath the body right behind the front wheel wells. One on each side of the cab. Completely hidden but loud as he!!. I have a pull chain air horn valve mounted in my header panel over the driverside door to give it that "Big Rig" feel. I also mounted my tank and compressors in my tool box like Joe.

I have since removed all that from the truck as the truck is serving a different purpose but will be installing everything on my 450 over the next couple of weeks.

Imcummin

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but how many gallons is that tank? Looks perfect up there :thumbsup:
IIRC it is a 7 Gal. tank. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7-GA...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I am not seeing the press reg for Turning on and off you compressor.... I like the tank location.... I may have to look and see what I can do under mine. Short bed correct....
The regulator is in the first bung, in front of the 3 blue hoses. Mine is a long bed.

I have since removed all that from the truck as the truck is serving a different purpose but will be installing everything on my 450 over the next couple of weeks.

I will be taking mine off this summer too and putting it on the new truck. Which I would have gotten you with it today when I passed you on 213. You never see me when I pass you in that truck. lol

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I keep forgetting that you got it. Always looking for the custom paint job. I gotta find me a set like yours too. Mine is loud but yours is LOUD. lol

RedSmokey

Reaction score
I wish I had the slim tank but oh well. Just an FYI to anyone who looks at my setup, you have to be lifted as most of my stuff is above the axle/driveline.

utf-8BSU1BRzAxMjIuanBn.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.