tranny cooler

skylinedan

Reaction score
I believe there is a 26-row cooler, and a 31-row cooler. The performance difference is negligible between the two, and the 26-row cooler is about $75-100 less than the 31-row cooler (at most places).

Yeah I was about to say that, LOL. I went to a 26 row 6.0 and I never see much over 150 even towing the 2 horse. when it was really hot I think the best it could do was maybe 160 with the a/c going.

Dan

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
might be a dumb question but, when is it to late to install a 6.0 cooler? i have one sitting on the shelf but was going to wait to have my trans go out on me first.

TARM

Reaction score
Well you do not want a bunch of metal going into it if you have a converter or trans on its way out. What you can do is install a inline filter on the trans outlet line to the cooler. That will protect the cooler from any debris from failure and the cooler will still be GTG with the new trans setup. I of course would still flush it out.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Well you do not want a bunch of metal going into it if you have a converter or trans on its way out. What you can do is install a inline filter on the trans outlet line to the cooler. That will protect the cooler from any debris from failure and the cooler will still be GTG with the new trans setup. I of course would still flush it out.

ok well trans seems to be ok, just having fuel issues at the moment. would i be ok to install the cooler? im going to drain the fluid anyways.

TARM

Reaction score
Yes do not see why not but I would still install a filter as it can only help. Even the inline version will be fine.

Tom S

Reaction score

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Does it matter where which line I put the filter on? Like the one feeding the cooler or returning to the transmission, that's even If I'll be able to figure out which is which

Tom S

Reaction score
Feeding the cooler to keep the cooler clean if you were the one with the trans getting dicey.

Latest posts

Members online