tranny probs.

teambluemxer

Reaction score
i have the 5r110. recently its been having to think to go in to reverse or drive. and when it picks itll slam it hard. reverse will like go in and out of gear. any idea?

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
Mine is doin the same thing right now and my trans is losing line pressure and shavings in the pan. So I'm getting a new one. Warren diesel is doin the honors on mine

Sent from my Pear phone 5 using Tapatalk

Broham00

Reaction score
I had the the same issue, it sure sounds like sticking solenoids. Replaced fluid, pan filter and external filter when mine did it. Problem solved. Also replaced DD solenoid with an aftermarket and cleaned up the 3-5 shift.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
You can flush this trans only with a heated flush machine. They exist, but they are VERY rare. Most places have never even heard of one.

You can change the fluid in the pan, drive it, and change it again.

I have no idea what this means:
and what fluid can i get huge bulk in
If you are asking what fluid to use, you should only use a fluid that has a MERCON SP or MERCON LV rating. Anything else is likely to result in stuck solenoids.

teambluemxer

Reaction score
You can flush this trans only with a heated flush machine. They exist, but they are VERY rare. Most places have never even heard of one.

You can change the fluid in the pan, drive it, and change it again.

I have no idea what this means:
If you are asking what fluid to use, you should only use a fluid that has a MERCON SP or MERCON LV rating. Anything else is likely to result in stuck solenoids.

i mean the tranny holds 22 qts doesnt it?

teambluemxer

Reaction score
alright i think the trans is cooked. lately its been slipping 3-4 really bad. then on my way home tonight itll slip any gear like a clutch does in manual. any ideas?

Latest posts

Members online