Tranny swap

Pumpkinsmasher97

Reaction score
So i tried contacting brians truck shop and have not heard a response. But what do i need to do to make a 4r100 out of a 2000 f450 work in my 97 350. Both trucks are 7.3's. Ive heard just the solenoid pack. I am trying to get my truck on the road asap so Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
So i tried contacting brians truck shop and have not heard a response. But what do i need to do to make a 4r100 out of a 2000 f450 work in my 97 350. Both trucks are 7.3's. Ive heard just the solenoid pack. I am trying to get my truck on the road asap so Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks
im pretty sure they are identical other then the 4r has snother speed sensor.. get ahold of markkovalsky on here.. he knows exactly whats different..

live life full throttle

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
If you change the solenoid body to an E4OD body it will work and shift. The lockups will SLAM. There is an orifice that controls lockup in the E4OD pump body, this is a wide open hole in the 4R100. The 4R100 used a different solenoid that was controlled by the PCM to control lockup. You could use an E4OD pump and then it should all work fine.

There are two speed sensors on the 4R100 that are not on the E4OD. Just leave them in place to plug the holes in the case. They don't need any wiring connected to them, your PCM wouldn't know what to do with them.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
If you change the solenoid body to an E4OD body it will work and shift. The lockups will SLAM. There is an orifice that controls lockup in the E4OD pump body, this is a wide open hole in the 4R100. The 4R100 used a different solenoid that was controlled by the PCM to control lockup. You could use an E4OD pump and then it should all work fine.

There are two speed sensors on the 4R100 that are not on the E4OD. Just leave them in place to plug the holes in the case. They don't need any wiring connected to them, your PCM wouldn't know what to do with them.
right on mark! thanks for setting me straight.. you are such a handy asset to the army!!

live life full throttle

Pumpkinsmasher97

Reaction score
So just do an e4od solenoid pack,front pump, and what do i do about the shift lever? I heard that i need to reposition it

Latest posts

Members online