trans issue

Ipkyss

Reaction score
04 6.0 auto 150k miles innovative x street.

This happen a few times last winter. No issues all summer, changed the fluid/filter late last winter. What happens is when you are driving under light throttle. The converter will lock, then seconds later its like it goes into neutral. Its not a rev bang deal. Sometime its a second, other times its 4-5 seconds.

Yesterday I was driving at about 50mph very light throttle. It just fell into neutral. I actually reved it up a little and nothing. ten seconds later it was fine. no bang, no noise, full fluid, plowed another 10hrs after.

I feel like its a sticking valve of some sort. When I pulled the pan late winter/spring it was spotless. Seems to be cold weather related but yesterday was after plowing for a hours so everything was full temp.

Fox hunt

Reaction score
Ive had that happen too.I was running my x street yesterday and the tow haul light started flashing and I got a code for the torque converter slipping. Tranny temp was climbing like crazy just gong down the highway. Had to tow it to a shop.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Im gonna go with your trans is ***ked.

Have you tried running the factory tune?

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Its something little. Its not junk. Put 500 miles on it in the last two days issue free. Nothing like the above post. No codes. not hot, over 10k miles since the first few times it happen. Its so random that I have not went back to the stock tune. It went all summer without doing it once. I have enough trouble driving a stock tune for a day. truck is rusty. Is there any grounds that could directly effect the trans?

Latest posts

Members online