Trans issue

torque beast

Reaction score
I'm about over this truck. I have taken for updated flashes. Changed my trans tune several times and even went back to stock and still get the shift flair from 2nd to 3rd. It will flair and drop to 1st then shift straight to 4th. I have read about solenoid issues. Question is how hard are they to change out and can I do it or does dealership have to program? One last effort before I go back to a dodge.

Ps, It only does it after the truck sits for a bit. After the flair on initial take off it won't do it again until truck is shut off again.

torque beast

Reaction score
Searching it looks like the fix is either changing solenoid or the whole valve body. Not sure. If so, can I do it or does a dealer have to program?

Platinumf250

Reaction score
Mine is in the dealership right now for the same issues. Mine were 4-5 flair at first then finally it wouldn't go past 3rd. P0771 is the code that finally popped up saying solenoid stuck off. I'll let you know in a day or two what was done to fix it. I believe you can drop the pan to get to them, don't quote that though.

anth

Reaction score
You might hit up Morgan over at Midwest diesel auto. I'm sure he could answer your questions.

Platinumf250

Reaction score
Well mine is getting new overdrive clutches and band. Said the p0771 code was a default code saying the tcm is activating the solenoid but the trans is not responding correctly. Didn't say anything about replacing the solenoid.

torque beast

Reaction score
You might hit up Morgan over at Midwest diesel auto. I'm sure he could answer your questions.

I will try calling again. I know he is super busy but still have not been able to talk to him yet. I have been trying to get info on his vgt turbos so I can upgrade. I will ask about the trans as well when I talk to him.

torque beast

Reaction score
Well mine is getting new overdrive clutches and band. Said the p0771 code was a default code saying the tcm is activating the solenoid but the trans is not responding correctly. Didn't say anything about replacing the solenoid.

That doesn't make sense to me. Sounds like they are repairing damaged clutches but not the cause

Buck1

Reaction score
I did the solenoids in mine. Very easy. Tricky thing is you have to know the codes of your solenoids as there are multiple choices for each slot. I had the Flare issue and it solved it probably 50k miles ago.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

torque beast

Reaction score
I did the solenoids in mine. Very easy. Tricky thing is you have to know the codes of your solenoids as there are multiple choices for each slot. I had the Flare issue and it solved it probably 50k miles ago.

Just remove the pan or did you have to remove the valve body?

Buck1

Reaction score
10 4. I have the service manuals and happy to send pics of the pertinent pages when I get home. There is a TSB on it that was referenced in a previous thread IIRC.

torque beast

Reaction score
10 4. I have the service manuals and happy to send pics of the pertinent pages when I get home. There is a TSB on it that was referenced in a previous thread IIRC.

I appreciate that. I may need that depending on how the conversation goes. Some of the dealerships experts I would not let touch my truck with a 10 foot pole. If he knows his stuff I'll do the warranty if not I will do it myself

bpan

Reaction score
Subscribed to this, Im having the same problem at 160,000km.

Latest posts

Members online