Trans Issues

Uncontrolled515

Reaction score
So I have been having some random transmission issues that are now just starting to occur. I had a P0766 and P2703 with flashing tow haul and i reset them it went away for a while. I have noticed that the truck will drive normally but spike rpm like (slipping clutch) with auto-trans. Any thoughts if its just a solenoid or the direct clutch? also shutters in reverse.

doubledee715

Reaction score
my trans took a dump after ficm flash also. delay got worse then shuttering in reverse within two days(not much driving) of ficm flash. replaced transmission. luckily my cuz had a spare one it was cheaper for the oil then to pay someone to read the codes. I was told it was more than likely the direct clutches giving up the ghost. I guess they help create reverse. Won't know until trans is rebuilt.

How many other trans have gone out after ficm tune? I'm wondering now or if it was a coincidence but seems strange.

Uncontrolled515

Reaction score
well its funny you say that because I also did the FICM reflash two days before this happened, seems like as soon as I did it this happened. i started getting the slips and gears would be delayed shifting in drive or to reverse. Did swapping the trans fix the problem or is it still occuring

doubledee715

Reaction score
Yeah I saw your other thread about ficm flash. And yes the new trans fixed it. I think it was on borrowed time and once it got a lil extra power that was all it needed to go over the edge. But what do I know.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Yup, sounds about like mine. It would do fine until I put tow/haul on. I couldn't make it a mile down the road and it would start flashing, would pull over, shut it off and restart and it'd clear and be fine, as long as I kept tow/haul off. (well, fine is a relative term) definitely had the shudder in reverse and it slipped a few times on me with a hard launch with the race tune on. Had to get the whole thing rebuilt.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.