Trans slipping in first

GreasyFingers

Reaction score
I was moving my 32' enclosed trailer with some odds and ends in it from moving. When parking the trailer the Trans would slip in first, but if I shifted from drive to first it would act fine. I unhitched the trailer checked the fluid. It looks clean and didn't smell burnt. I did a flush 40k ago. I drove it up to the road and without a load it did the same thing, slips in first only in drive, no slip when I shift 1st, 2nd, drive.

I went inside for 30 minutes, came out and drove back to the old house and shifted without a problem. Drove about 50 miles stop and go in town and no problems. I have no CEL or OD light. I haven't had time to check it out with AE. I'll do that tomorrow when I get home from work. Does this sound like an electronic issue or clutches?

I've got 302k on the stock trans. I know, I'm lucky! Now that I have a shop I had plans of building it myself with the help of a buddy who builds transmissions. I knew it was a ticking bomb. Buutttt this is happening and the worst time. So I doubt I'll have the time in the next few weeks nor have the shop set up. If it is clutches, and I can't do it myself I was looking at the dieselsite trans or the HD reman from ford. The truck is a 2000.

mandkole

Reaction score
When in drive, does it eventually shift to second? If so, does it kinda hang then shift hard?

GreasyFingers

Reaction score
I brought the rpm's as high as 2,300 and moving at a snails pace, let off the throttle then exselerate again, gaining a little more speed, then would stop slipping and shift into second normally. I didn't hold the throttle continuously till it shifted. My tires are well worn so i initially I thought I was just spinning the wheels in the grass/mud till I noticed I wasn't ripping up the yard. That's when I took it to the assault. Drove another 45 miles stop and go into work tonight and drove normal.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.