Trans squeal on a stock 2015

Clean-15

Reaction score
Anyone had their trans squeal on a stock 2015? Was getting on the highway last night at about 3/4 throttle and had a big squeal noise come from under the truck on the 4-5 or 5-6 shift. Truck is all stock with 37's and 3.5 gears.

I'm assuming from seeing videos that this is the same noise as tuned trucks with failing trans'. Yippee!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chipster

Reaction score
So you're lifted, with larger tires and modded rear dif? Just stock engine wise? That would suck but hope your dealer is mod friendly if so.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Someone posted there's a TSB or something about it...don't remember exactly but that truck went in and they replaced a seal in the trans.
Apparently Ford knows about it already.

Clean-15

Reaction score
Just lifted with 37 inch tires. No other mods. I'll check that other thread Unbroken I seem to recall that one now thanks. Confirmed it on my commute to work. I can pretty much do it on command now 😞

JoeDiesle

Reaction score
I would put back on stock size tires if u take it to the dealer just so they don't don't come up with some bull**** excuse to deny warranty like the larger tires caused it to happen.

Clean-15

Reaction score
I would put back on stock size tires if u take it to the dealer just so they don't don't come up with some bull**** excuse to deny warranty like the larger tires caused it to happen.

Argh! Not excited about that but you're prolly right. Too bad I don't have the stock stuff anymore.

Mcgrath7

Reaction score
Ford replaced the output shaft seal on mine, said there was a bulletin out on it, I have 200 miles on now and have not heard it since... But I haven't been beating on it a hole lot. But what little I have accelerated at 3/4 throttle I have not heard it, and as loud as it was before I would not be able to fix it

Latest posts

Members online