Trans went boom.. Suggestions?

java

Reaction score
Glad you got it together!

Needless to say you get what you pay for. It is worth it to wait until you can pay someone to build you something quality, and worth every penny of your hard earned $

Thanks! It was defenetly an adventure being the first time rebuilding a transmission.

3brorce

Reaction score
I wasnt suggesting go with a revmax either I just wanted to point out that his local price for a built trans is way low.

6.0bomber

Reaction score
This is the message i received by one of the guys from the shop out here. Personally i can't even figure out how he would make a cent for himself off $2200, the parts alone gotta cost close to that, half of that number is the tq converter. Also, i am looking into HDP, Twisted, and BTS.

"I can do the one in the 06 for $2200 if you guys took it out and reinstalled it. Thats with triple disc billet tc, all new ford solenoids, shift kit, oversized pressure regulator valve, oil temp sensor, high performance clutches and steels, billet internals.
The solenoids are $110 each and there are 7 of them. I wont rebuild them without using new ones cause the old ones are known to have problems"

3brorce

Reaction score
Huh, what is the name of that local builder? Automatic trans design or where are you from? Holderdown sells Warren transmissions I am pretty sure.

6.0bomber

Reaction score
This place is called Shepard Transmission here in Southeast Wisconsin. The deal was $2200 if me and my buddy did our own removal and reinstall and if we had them rebuilt at the same time. And I wasn't sure if HDP sold warren or not because they label "their" transmissions with the name Holderdown Performance.

3brorce

Reaction score
gotcha. Give advanced trans design in germantown a call. Guy knows his stuff.

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
from what i know rykan is building his own trannies now. he will still sell warren trannies if thats what the customer wants but they do build their own as well

TooMuch03

Reaction score
gotcha. Give advanced trans design in germantown a call. Guy knows his stuff.

I agree. They redid my transmission and transfer case when those two decided to part company. The tranny with new triple disc converter, built in house, was around 3200, but my tranny already had billet internals that could be reused since the output shaft was all that was damaged.

3brorce

Reaction score
I agree. They redid my transmission and transfer case when those two decided to part company. The tranny with new triple disc converter, built in house, was around 3200, but my tranny already had billet internals that could be reused since the output shaft was all that was damaged.
I have been thinking about taking my 6.4 there to be built. Price is right that is for sure. I may end up giving it a go to be honest I just have to do it. Be nice to drive there and back to have it installed/built. Next time I get to Wisc, I am going to check out there big ole shop.

TooMuch03

Reaction score
I was pretty happy with the work they did, and it wasn't terribly expensive. I haven't broken the transmission yet, but I will do everything I can to break it this summer lol

3brorce

Reaction score
Ya with all billet shafts you should be fine. I think he said all he can do for me on the billet stuff was the input. Have to see how it goes. He said he uses amsoil syn too and have not heard of any others using syn. I should of asked about the warranty.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.