Trans went boom ;( thoughts?

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
Yes there are a few guys that are running a 369 and dual fuelers......then there are guys like this one. I pulled these out and it was a damn mess....
It just isn't worth the risk.

Attachments

• image1 (1).JPG
    image1 (1).JPG
    471.7 KB · Views: 172

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Is there a reason NOT to go with a comp unit? I am at 200k miles and got a fairly finicky trans so replacement is coming soon. I don't ever plan on being at rod bending power but would like to get to the point I have my 63mm non vgt maxed on fuel so not sure I need a comp but if shifting is not different then why not?

I wasn't talking about suncoasts transmission

I was talking about the torque converter itself

Them having the quad lock with multiple stall options is a little more versatile

Now, my 15 has roughly 800 at the tires, through an HD Converter

BUT, I am putting a Suncoast converter in my Comp trans to roll out and be sure

50_shooter

Reaction score
Yes there are a few guys that are running a 369 and dual fuelers......then there are guys like this one. I pulled these out and it was a damn mess....
It just isn't worth the risk.

Ooohhhh. That picture should send chills down the spine of anyone that has that setup and don't have the 20 grand to replace it with a built engine...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

Them having the quad lock with multiple stall options is a little more versatile

my precision has been holding fine at 1000 , when it yard sales i'll put the suncoast in unit.

doo dah

Reaction score

Gotcha. I was referring to Midwest's 2 versions of transmission. My experience with TH350/TH400/AOD/etc...has been that when you really beef up internals and mess with valve bodies that shifting becomes somewhat unpleasant for daily driving. If all things being equal between a street and comp Midwest trans other than strength would it be worth the extra $ to get the comp if I'm only ever going to be putting sub 700 hp?

stacked6.7

Reaction score
+1 for Midwest. Just shy of 700hp and only issue has been a solenoid. Which was cheap and easy to replace. Other than that no issues. And I tow 15K on a regular bases.

Jomax

Reaction score
Midwest is whats going into mine when this stocker finally decides to die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
+1 for Midwest. Just shy of 700hp and only issue has been a solenoid. Which was cheap and easy to replace. Other than that no issues. And I tow 15K on a regular bases.

Stock rods?

Never_Enough_Pwr

Reaction score
I tell you that picture scares the hell out of me!! I dont wanna put serious power to this thing without building the motor first. But anyhow, i got my comp unit installed. Only have maybe 120 miles on her. But if theres one thing i can vouch for, mike does a good job at taking your money . But i absolutely LOVE this transmission. There isnt enough good things i can say about it. Shift points and firmness/daily drive ability is flawless. I can daily drive this with no problems at all. In no way does it slam you around just cruising or anything. Shifts smooth. Holds the power (not like i have much just weight loss for now) seriously though guys i agree with everyone else. I cant say one bad thing about this trans and i second everyone else that midwest is the way to go. Once i get some more miles on her and get it broken in ill see how it acts really laying into it. So far though, absolutely ecstatic. Totally in love with this thing.

Never_Enough_Pwr

Reaction score
Gotcha. I was referring to Midwest's 2 versions of transmission. My experience with TH350/TH400/AOD/etc...has been that when you really beef up internals and mess with valve bodies that shifting becomes somewhat unpleasant for daily driving. If all things being equal between a street and comp Midwest trans other than strength would it be worth the extra $ to get the comp if I'm only ever going to be putting sub 700 hp?

Honestly in now way is daily driving unpleasant for me and i have the comp unit. They say on there site anything over 650 they suggest the comp unit. Im still not sure what my exact plans are for mine but i went with the comp anyways just so i have the extra space. Like i said im in love with my trans. I promise you you cant go wrong with one of these

doo dah

Reaction score
Honestly in now way is daily driving unpleasant for me and i have the comp unit. They say on there site anything over 650 they suggest the comp unit. Im still not sure what my exact plans are for mine but i went with the comp anyways just so i have the extra space. Like i said im in love with my trans. I promise you you cant go wrong with one of these

Cool! Thanks for the post! Almost makes me want to get one before mine grenades.

Never_Enough_Pwr

Reaction score
Honestly you cant go wrong. Mine did the same exact thing i started losing 3-4. So i went ahead and bit the bullet. I absolutely love mine. Even after getting some miles on it i have no complaints. Truck hauls ass, you wont be disappointed

Latest posts

Members online