Transgo Tugger with new VB ?

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
Is there any special tools needed to install the whole tugger kit ? I'm very mechanically inclined and have built many trucks just never built a transmission always bought them built. This time trying to save a few bucks on a tow rig. Thanks

Reaction score
Nope no special tools other than maybe a set of picks for removing the clips that hold the valves in. And a drill. The kit has pretty good directions. The only thing different on the tugged kit vs what bts does is the flow plates. Some of the slots and holes in the accumulator plate are bigger on the bts and are smoothed off and also on the big main flow plate. I have it wrote down what size they are in the bts. My buddy who did the tugged kit actually drilled his to match my bts plate cause we had both trannies out and apart at the same time. He took the paper with all the bts specs with him but if you want that info I'll get him send me a pic of it and I can text it to you. Also if you have any questions you can call trans go and they will help you. They are really good about that.

Latest posts

Members online