Transmission help!

Wesley

Reaction score
Recently purchased my first powerstroke, 97 F250, had around 215k when I brought it home, shortly after installing a ts 6pos it left me stranded on my way home from work, turns out 2nd gear sprag busted at forward drum was stripped, had a complete rebuild done, and after install its shifting way too soon, its in overdrive around 20mph? Bangin gears one right after another? Any help appreciated!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Recently purchased my first powerstroke, 97 F250, had around 215k when I brought it home, shortly after installing a ts 6pos it left me stranded on my way home from work, turns out 2nd gear sprag busted at forward drum was stripped, had a complete rebuild done, and after install its shifting way too soon, its in overdrive around 20mph? Bangin gears one right after another? Any help appreciated!
wow, that is ***ed up... pull any codes? afaik, the trans shifts are in the tuning so if a sensor is jacked up and making it do that then I think there will be a code.

live life full throttle

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
That sounds like the PCM thinks it is in 4x4 low. There is an input to the PCM that tells it when 4x4 low is engaged. The input is there whether the truck is a 4x4 or not, if it isn't, the wire shouldn't be in the harness. It seems like that wire is sending a signal that it shouldn't be.

Wesley

Reaction score
Thanks mark! Thats what it was! Hadnt got around to posting, not only did the mechanic not clear all previous codes from when it first went out but for some reason a previous owner had swapped the transfer case from one out of a manual truck and the sensor on the case (tcase lockup switch I believe) was stuck, and the pcm was reading it was in 4low!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.