Transmission is roasted....

bdm1981

Reaction score
Well I did a little playing around with the truck today and the transmission won't hardly pull itself. I have no reverse and it takes a lot of pedal to get it to move in first gear. Had some codes pop up. One said 3rd gear shift solenoid was stuck so I'm assuming I burnt the clutches out of it and trashed the shift solenoids. Just by any chance would I be able to change the fluid and filter that it might be alright (which I highly doubt it) or am I looking at getting a transmission for it. Any input would be appreciated...

bdm1981

Reaction score
I checked it. It smelled really bad. I think the fluid sample is a good idea but I would say I'm not gonna like the results...

bdm1981

Reaction score
This is gonna be interesting how I explain this to the wife that it's gonna need a transmission now. She is gonna kill me...lol.

bdm1981

Reaction score
Maybe you can swap this one in?

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68967

Built will last longer for sure, but I would be curious to know the failure point. Was it squealing much? How hard were you beating on it?
Thing was I really didn't beat on it but when I did the burnout it shifted fine through the gears and when I stopped at the end of the road I went to turn around to go back to the house it wouldn't hardly pull itself and had the service light pop up. Limped it to the house which is right down the road. No reverse and feels like it's stuck in a higher gear. Also it felt like there was a brake locked up(I assuming the transmission brake). Not really sure what's going on other than the trans fluid smelled bad so I assuming it's broke.

Latest posts

Members online