Transmission Options

Big Stroker 6.4

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking into upgrading my transmission and need some advice. I am going with a HD elite but I need to know what billet options (Input shaft, low reverse hub, and flex plate) are worth going with? Any advice is appreciated, Thanks.

White_monster

Reaction score
Your in Canada right? If so I'd say go to NADP and get there trans or TCS in Langley BC sells all the billet pieces and there are a lot of good trans shops that can build you what you need. This isn't a knock at Elite, just the shipping to and from will be pricey.

Big Stroker 6.4

Reaction score
Ya, shipping is gunna be rediculous but the sale elite is having on them makes me want the best I can get. What are you running for a trans white monster?

White_monster

Reaction score
Nadp with tcs billet internals. Was cheaper to buy that than buy an elite trans after I paid the shipping. Also I had my trans in a couple days from nadp. I'm getting another shop to install the billet parts in Febuary. Pm me and I'll discuss this more.

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
One option could be too buy all the internals and our comp kit and have someone build it locally. Our comp kit is all the pieces used in our comp trans and to my knowledge shares very little to nothing with nadp or suncoast.

The comp kit and all internals are 10% off now.

White_monster

Reaction score
Yes buying elites parts is an option for sure. As far as who's parts work better I couldn't tell ya. I was told by a little birdie that nadp uses some suncoast stuff. Yes Elite uses a different supplier other than suncoast. I think you would be happy with both choices of transmissions. Now heres a thought. NADP is about a hour from the OP and if there's a warranty issue they are close. Elite is way down in Colorado and if there's a warranty issue you got to send the parts back which adds to down time. Elites trans seems to work well but they aren't close by and the border causes issues with shipping stuff back and forth, trust me I know this all to well.

Big Stroker 6.4

Reaction score
Great feedback guys, I appreciate the help. You make a great point about warranty Shane, I will pm you tomorrow so we can discuss this further. Thanks again.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Would it be worth doing a shift kit and or a few other things to a stock trans? Mine still seems good to go as of right now. Its taken some abuse, but does not slip and the TC slip stays under 5 when locked. How hard is the shift kit install? I need to change the fluid anyways...

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Great feedback guys, I appreciate the help. You make a great point about warranty Shane, I will pm you tomorrow so we can discuss this further. Thanks again.

Yes shane makes a good point about warranty that I would like to add to. Our trans comes with the first year parts and labor warranty, followed by 2 yr parts. If it is determined the trans must come back then elite pays the freight that first year. Now the only time this would bite you is if it is a hard part failure which we dont cover (snapped shaft). So really the initial freight is more of a concern after that the freight cost shouldn't be an issue.

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Would it be worth doing a shift kit and or a few other things to a stock trans? Mine still seems good to go as of right now. Its taken some abuse, but does not slip and the TC slip stays under 5 when locked. How hard is the shift kit install? I need to change the fluid anyways...

I say save your money.

Big Stroker 6.4

Reaction score
Yes shane makes a good point about warranty that I would like to add to. Our trans comes with the first year parts and labor warranty, followed by 2 yr parts. If it is determined the trans must come back then elite pays the freight that first year. Now the only time this would bite you is if it is a hard part failure which we dont cover (snapped shaft). So really the initial freight is more of a concern after that the freight cost shouldn't be an issue.

Okay thanks, I've heard great things about your transmisions and would love one in my build eventually. But right now my truck is my daily driver, so down time is a huge problem if something does go wrong. I did take advatage of those killer prices you have today and the 3 hour sale of the 71 turbo, made a nice big order on engine parts. Can't wait to get all together! Thanks again.

Latest posts

Members online