transmission question

Diesel23

Reaction score
Hey guys , what a mess , I was driving back from Ohio ( 4x4 jamboree ) to home , pulling my brother in laws jeep ( I had tow haul on and was driving with NO POWER option on my black maxx), really didn't notice much was driving for about an hour when I merged on to the highway trans felt weird and seemed to jam from 4th to 3rd once then started down shifting and or up shifting between 3 & 4th then I noticed trans gauge get real hot fast so pulled over , disconnected jeep , and let cool down for a little while, coolant cap was off and seem to be low on coolant also ? Not sure if this caused it also
Anyway I checked for codes and no codes for transmission, started truck and go to put in drive and just dies out ?
DID I FRY THE TRANS ? any input would be great - thanks in advance

Lipka101

Reaction score
I'm going with it was slipping and sending parts of clutch through your transmission. There probably few pieces stuck in the solenoids. The tcc solenoid to be specific which is keeping it locked and causing your truck to die. I thinks your tans is proabaly toast but it wouldn't hurt to drop the pan and check it out.

Diesel23

Reaction score
THANKS BOYS !! Yes I'm leaning towards I fried the trans , The Question now though is what STAGE Transmission should I go with ? I believe I'm gonna stay right where I'm at as far as turbo set up etc , and will pull a trailer from time to time , im running 38's for tire size , I have most all supporting mods with 30% tips and run 75/59 turbo set up

Lipka101

Reaction score
THANKS BOYS !! Yes I'm leaning towards I fried the trans , The Question now though is what STAGE Transmission should I go with ? I believe I'm gonna stay right where I'm at as far as turbo set up etc , and will pull a trailer from time to time , im running 38's for tire size , I have most all supporting mods with 30% tips and run 75/59 turbo set up

Go big or go home:D

Latest posts