Transmission question

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
It's seems to be the general consensus that the 11-14 transmissions will hold a tune only truck indefinitely...minus being plain old mistreated I guess. The 15-16 everyone knows suck. For the tune only 15-16 guy that doesn't need a fully built trans is there any mechanical or computer reason we can't throw in an older trans or just add the clutches back into the newer trans? Maybe add better clutches and call it good?

ncollins64

Reaction score
Im no help here but I'm pretty sure Morgan converts all his 6r trans to the 11-14 style. But I don't know what all it consists of and if there's anything I didn't add.

Reaction score
A reman 11-14 Trans from ford retails for $4200. Built one is $4800. Just depends on the person and what they want. I've sold more people transmissions for 11-14 trucks than 15's so far. About 3 out of every 4 is early. What most people don't think about is that the 4th gear clutch pack is weak on the 11-14 and is the same on a 15. They just made other parts of the 15 weaker to match. Every single 6r to date that I've took apart has 4th gear burnt or totally gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
What does just a rebuild run with the weak areas addressed?

Reaction score
What does just a rebuild run with the weak areas addressed?

May as well go after a ford re-man for an 11-14. Get a 3 year 100k mile warranty.

Not worth it for me to do any less than I do. The pump, valvebody, seals, bearings and all the other consumables cost the same regardless. Only save maybe $500 difference between buying stock ford clutches and putting Raybestos in. And to get the higher clutch count we need the thinner frictions and steels. So really not any way around it.

Reaction score
Nope. Exact same thickness frictions and steels. Have to buy 11-14 parts or machine hard parts to fit more. We even machine the 11-14 parts farther to fit the amount we go with.

FX44AU

Reaction score
This is a bit off topic but lets say a guy runs a tow tune and drives conservatively for the most part with a WOT run every now and then. Realistically can the 2015 tranny be expected to last or is it iffy even at stock power levels?

FX44AU

Reaction score
Ok thanks...... I figured it would be but thought I would get your opinion anyways.

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
I run Lvl 3 and 4 occasionally and I get on it here and there and it's been holding fine. Longevity, dunno. Truck has 7500 miles so we'll see. Been ******d since 278

sixpointoh03

Reaction score
I ******d my 2015 10,000 miles ago and have ran on the hot street tune the whole time and had zero tranny problems. I very rarely get on it will the 2015 tranny hold up for a long time on the hot street tune of you just drive it normal or do I need to go down to the tow tune?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I run the same tune and rarely run it hard. It's only been run through the gears WOT maybe 10 times with some onramp playing from time to time. 20k miles in and it's showing small signs of issues. Hanging 4th at 3/4 throttle or so....flares into 5th and 6th....it'll be dead in another 10k.

Notneb

Reaction score
Same here, hoping she'll hold together another year so I can just spend my bonus on everything Midwest has to offer, lol.

superstroked90

Reaction score
I run the same tune and rarely run it hard. It's only been run through the gears WOT maybe 10 times with some onramp playing from time to time. 20k miles in and it's showing small signs of issues. Hanging 4th at 3/4 throttle or so....flares into 5th and 6th....it'll be dead in another 10k.
How much power are you running? To lazy to check:(

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.