transmission soleniods

Reaction score
I'm going to be changing my transmission fluid next week. I just recently went back to h&s stock tunes with my new 65mm turbo. Well I've never been happy with the way it shifts. Sometimes it flares when it shifts and sometimes if like will hold in 4th for longer than I'd expect the go to fifth then straight to sixth. Anyway I've read where people talk about changing the solenoids. Is this worth doing now before it causes more problems? Can anyone point me in the right dirrection on which ones everyone is changing to fix there problems, and what all would be needed to do it. Thanks in advance, Eric

Reaction score
I am going to go out on a limb and say no one knows. I created a post in the tech section probably last week asking about pretty much the same thing. Not much for replies so I am just going to make a move with hopes to make the trans last longer. I have an 11 with 90k miles and same characteristics but also hard shifts. I quit changing the tune as to not continually confuse the trans and still have the same issue after probable 7,500 miles with out changing the tune.

Don't know if you had problems when your truck was new but mine would flare or just drop the gear and they re flashed the computer but I never took it back for the solenoides.

I am going to have the pan dropped, solenoides changed and new filter. Ultimately I will change the trans but I want a turbo first.