Transmission spaz

Chris.v

Reaction score
My truck is deleted with h&s. I originally had the trans tune installed but I couldn't stand the rough shifting in lower gears. So I retuned the truck about a week ago without the trans tune. As I was pulling out of a parking lot today I put the hammer down the truck diddnt know what to do and slammed a gear so hard I thought the tranny fell out of the truck. It just kind of coasted and the rpms were up and I wasn't going anywhere. Then down the road it acted fine, and has for the rest of the drive. My truck still seems To shift kind of rough in lower gear though. It feels sloppy and sometimes makes a bit of a clunk when taking off. I was running the tow tune when this happened. Any suggestions on what to do? Should I try a re learn where you accel 80 mph three times?

Thanks
Chris

colecoop56

Reaction score
Mine did that also when I ran a different trans tune. A shop that tunes says its just or trannys being adaptive.and learning the new tune fully. But your right it does not feel or sound good and worried the hell out of me. Mine seems to be fine now also

WHY NOT

Reaction score
You need to be sure to do the trans re-learn after tuning. I would run the H&S trans tuning since with the little extra pressure it should holt the extra HP a little better. The skipping the shifts things is not uncommon. Sometimes it will even happen on a stock truck. Every-once in a while mine will "miss" the 2-3 shift the truck will rev up, best thing to do is let off the throttle and let it catch the next gear and keep driving.

Chris.v

Reaction score
I think I may have to get mcc and find someone who can write good tunes. I hate firm shifts.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Some traction bars would help smooth out the shifts. If your interested in those pm Jared@rivercitydiesel for some OUO ones.

The reason why trans tuning is written to shift firm is so that it doesnt burn up the clutch packs with the extra power. Firm shifts usually = less slip which helps saves the clutches.

Chris.v

Reaction score
Yea some ouo's have been on the list for a while, what are your thoughts on flight fab bars? It's tough to pick a set as I have never seen any that look all that look nice.

Chris

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I have no experience with the flight fab bars so I can't comment on them. I do really love my traction blocks though, they really helped with the shifting, especially with my GN behind me.

Mpoage

Reaction score
Just be patient and run the transmission tuning. It will smooth out after about 500-750 miles. These truck shift super firm when you first tune them but my 2013 feels like stock shifting now.

Latest posts

Members online