Transmission wooos

Wemoy1

Reaction score
I know there has been some talk on here over the 6r tranny. I never seem to find the right answer though so I'll ask. Does anyone have issues with there trans shifting from 3rd to 4th under normal driving? I also have a issue when in manual mode were it squeeze under normal driving going from 4th to 5th?

There was some talk about selonoid but also that the tranny has a week band or clutch pack. My truck has 58k on it and ******d. Just looking for some tips or ideas besides just throw a whole new trans in it.

Thanks Curtis

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
1: What year
2: What tuner/tuning
3: Describe the problem: Hard shift, shift flare, delays, etc.
4: Anything recent that changed? *new tuning/performance parts*

Wemoy1

Reaction score
2013 250 58k on it
Sct x4 with no limit tunes
The truck I think it would be a flare shift with the 3rd to 4th gear. It seems like it goes into neutral almost and revs up alittle when it performs this shift. The 4th to 5th is just a squeeze not hard or soft.

No new tunes nothing has changed in 5k miles

ImAti0n

Reaction score
2013 250 58k on it
Sct x4 with no limit tunes
The truck I think it would be a flare shift with the 3rd to 4th gear. It seems like it goes into neutral almost and revs up alittle when it performs this shift. The 4th to 5th is just a squeeze not hard or soft.

No new tunes nothing has changed in 5k miles

Could possibly be the converter locking out. Have you checked that out? I thought the same thing the first time I experienced it.

Wemoy1

Reaction score
No double shift, when the shift is performed the truck actually lags for several seconds and yes, mike said he has never had anyone with the issue.

6.7powerstrokeguy

Reaction score
alright. well the most weak clutch pack in the 6r140 is the fourth gear. Their is no bands. Have u pull the dipstick and smell the fluid?

Wemoy1

Reaction score
Did it's a darker color than I would think. The fluid used in these I know has a different color and smell than usual atf. To me it does at least. I am used to transsynd on trucks vs the LV used in the fords. It has a faint burnt smell right now

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I would drop the pan and see how much material you have laying in the pan. If all looks ok then your flushing some of that burnt stuff out and putting some fresh ATF in there. Already been there with burnt fluid. I dropped the fluid shortly after and put more fresh stuff in and haven't looked at it since. I also added some dr.tranny friction modifier. Not the solution but it's working for me in the meantime...

Jomax

Reaction score
The LV doesn't stay bright red long in my experience. I'd drop the pan like dsmracing1 said. I'm dropping the pan and changing the oil every 10k. Better safe then sorry.

I must be doing something right, Truck is in the race tune 90% of the time, I have 30 passed down the track and 15k miles since I lost weight. AND I'm with the weaker 15 trans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.