Travish3's Projector retro fit guide(PIC HEAVY)

travisH3

Reaction score
Sorry haven't checked back. These things have held up great. Even being bumped around snow plowing last year which is what I was really worried about. I'll try to get some more pictures of the output soon

me2

Reaction score
Travis,
Have these held up? Been trying to decide between projectors or LED. Any advise?

Putting an LED bulb in a stock projector does not result in a DOT light pattern. Not even close. Many people report no high beam pattern when they do this.

Projector HIDs are not DOT approved unless you use projectors from an existing car. BUT, the light pattern is very close to the DOT pattern if not totally compliant. Nothing beats the low beam pattern of HID Bi projectors due to the screen.

I'm not sure that the HID projector high beam pattern is as far because the projector lens spreads the light out rather than throwing it far. Best would be to have a conventional bulb and reflector for high beam and the HID for low beam. I've done just that on my truck by putting HID projectors (minis) into a driving light enclosure, but it isn't ideal because they get smashed by rocks and they are too low.

I'm going to put projectors into my factory headlights in the near future.

Great write up, btw.

Latest posts

Members online