trips tuning

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Hey I'm glad to have both of you helping out. I am really interested in the mcc just want to learn more about it. It is an amazing tool once you learn the ins and outs. Thanks.

Kind

Reaction score
The weather cleared up today and got a chance to take the truck for a drive. What a difference lowering the timing one degree made!! The spool up is much more responsive as well the smoke output is even more minimal during spool.

Also raising my shift points at certain throttle inputs helped out too. I'm gonna try and put some more shift time on the trans today... For the most part I'm very happy with the shifts now.

Attachments

• IMG_3297.jpg
    IMG_3297.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 137
  • IMG_3299.jpg
    IMG_3299.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 133

Dzchey21

Reaction score
you will spend way more time on the trans tuning than anything, its tough to get it right

Kind

Reaction score
you will spend way more time on the trans tuning than anything, its tough to get it right

I've got it pretty much how I want. The rest I'll have to dial in at the track where I can safely run it wide open.

doesn't matter, he'll roll a blunt and gack out on whatever, whenever. LOL

Smokin one right now! With three more rolled and ready to light! Lol.

wait, what? can a brother get an invite?!?

If ya lived closer.

Sent from my subconscious to your screen.

charlie-2

Reaction score
I love the capabilities of the mcc tuning. Mine is a stock hd 300 base file s1l tran tune with some help from Dustin on the trans tuning. Basically we lowered the slip timing as well. Going about 20% lower at a time on all and then tweaking each one to even it out. Never messed with any pressures only slip time. It shifts great. So good I have mcc on all 3 trucks and the sames trans tuning on all. Nice firm and quick shifts but doesn't break your neck all the time. We also tweaked the lockup on the last gear where it locks up directly at 45 so it isn't in and out driving around town. It locks in And goes!

how did you go 20% lower/ i just went into slip timing and tq lockup graps on my sl1 everything is set low already

charlie-2

Reaction score
Sorry that was my bad for not understanding. I got it now

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Stroked777

Reaction score
I would like to know which way you gotta fudge the numbers to firm up shifts and what not, do you increase or decrease the numbers

Dzchey21

Reaction score
decrease, the time in the shift is in MS so the lower the number the faster it happens. Dont go too far tho

Reaction score
The weather cleared up today and got a chance to take the truck for a drive. What a difference lowering the timing one degree made!! The spool up is much more responsive as well the smoke output is even more minimal during spool.

Also raising my shift points at certain throttle inputs helped out too. I'm gonna try and put some more shift time on the trans today... For the most part I'm very happy with the shifts now.

Just curious, what's your theory on taking out timing?

Kind

Reaction score
Just curious, what's your theory on taking out timing?

So far it has worked well for me.

I did try to book some dyno time today and try out a few of my tunes, basically just timing changes to see the difference... But he no longer does diesels cuz they make a mess lol.

Reaction score
So far it has worked well for me.

I did try to book some dyno time today and try out a few of my tunes, basically just timing changes to see the difference... But he no longer does diesels cuz they make a mess lol.

Ahh ic. Usually adding timing will make more power. Just wondering.

Kind

Reaction score
Ahh ic. Usually adding timing will make more power. Just wondering.

I agree. But the timing table on the hd300 tune was designed for a stock component truck. Bigger injectors and higher injection pressures add timing I'm told. So given the already high timing table I'm lowering it some. As it is now the turbos light considerably quicker then ever before, as well as a overall more powerful feeling power curve.

Kind

Reaction score
Right now my biggest hurdle is the MAF. Right now it's only reading half of what the truck is actually pulling in and affecting lots of things. I now the MAF can be tuned around with a lot of trial and error and experience. From what I've read tho, all the mm^3 table adjustment you can obsess over will never replace what a MAF can do. Especially in a diesel.

I'm looking forward to a solution hopefully soon!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.