Troubleshooting Help/Suggestions

TARM

Reaction score
I have seen ICP sensors cause wildly erratic issues but not personally on my vehicles.

pontiacross

Reaction score
Nope not at all, seems completely at random.

I worked on a truck one time that was doing that sort of thing. I fought it for quite a while untile I figured out the fuel pump was going out of it. everyonce in a while the fuel pressure would drop to nothing under a hard pull and since there wasn't much fuel in the injectors it was using a lot more oil to take up the void and would set low icp codes. probabaly wouldn't have that issue with dual hpops but just a thought

NyCowboy87

Reaction score
I worked on a truck one time that was doing that sort of thing. I fought it for quite a while untile I figured out the fuel pump was going out of it. everyonce in a while the fuel pressure would drop to nothing under a hard pull and since there wasn't much fuel in the injectors it was using a lot more oil to take up the void and would set low icp codes. probabaly wouldn't have that issue with dual hpops but just a thought

I have thought about that too and watched fuel pressure, stays right at 65psi.

NyCowboy87

Reaction score
I have a mechanical LPO gauge on it and that reads good, even put it in the top of the hpop res. just to check. I have to get a couple fittings and hook up my HPO gauge and see what that reads.

Latest posts

Members online