Truck Barely Running

01platinum

Reaction score
Ok need some areas to start checking before I get a scanner. Started the truck this morning to leave and sitting there letting it warm up is started running really rough. Almost to the point that it wouldn't stay running. The SES light came, Fuel Pressure is still at 64 PSI. Forgot what the HPOP PSI was. Felt like the truck was running on half the injectors.

Idle was around 500 maybe lower then that. I tried to give it some throttle to see if it would clean and it started shacking worse. Now that I think about it, it almost felt and sounded like there was Air in the Fuel Lines.

Thanks for the help with this. Sure when I get a scanner this afternoon it will be a little more helpful. Snap On guy is coming by what is a good scanner or reader to get?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I'm gonna say that if it sounded like it was running on half the cylinders it would have something to do with the UVCH...

Post up with the codes when you get a chance.

JLDickmon

Reaction score
See if the Snap-On guy has a Brick, or one of the OTC clones (Mentor, Determinator, Interrogator) that's been traded in. That's all you really need..
I don't know how much a Versus is, but a Modis will set you back just south of eight grand.

TARM

Reaction score
Auto Enginuity only a few hundred as long as you have a laptop or windows tablet or PDA. Does everything you will ever need from a diagnostic scanner.

01platinum

Reaction score
Just got back in from out of town at a Car Show. Haven't even had a chance to look at the truck. Going to jump under the hood tonight and see what I can find. Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.