Truck came home on a wrecker

Arisley

Reaction score
Started truck to go on to work. Half mile from the house. Injectors start rattlig loud, no power, looked at gauge, no fuel pressure. Got it off the road before it died.
I have a 1/4 tank of fuel. Did the Hutch and Harpoon 200K ago so I know that is not the problem. Fuel pumps work. Open the drain valve on the pre-pump filter, no flow. Get it towed home.
Pull the fuel supply line off, no flow. Tank the fuel cap off and hit the hose with air. Hear gurgle, gurgle, gurgle. Still no flow. Stuff a rag in the filler neck and squeeze a nozzle in there and hit the air. Now I have flow.
Stick the hose back on the pre-pump filter, still no pressure.
Bypass the pre-pump filter, instant pressure and start. Good to go until I can drop the tank.

Droped the tank today. My pickup foot disintigated. The peices clogged the filter. My guess is that some of the pieces also clogged the tube and came ouf with compressed air.

All is fixed dc a running well again.
Just an FYI for if anyone runs into these symptoms.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Started truck to go on to work. Half mile from the house. Injectors start rattlig loud, no power, looked at gauge, no fuel pressure. Got it off the road before it died.
I have a 1/4 tank of fuel. Did the Hutch and Harpoon 200K ago so I know that is not the problem. Fuel pumps work. Open the drain valve on the pre-pump filter, no flow. Get it towed home.
Pull the fuel supply line off, no flow. Tank the fuel cap off and hit the hose with air. Hear gurgle, gurgle, gurgle. Still no flow. Stuff a rag in the filler neck and squeeze a nozzle in there and hit the air. Now I have flow.
Stick the hose back on the pre-pump filter, still no pressure.
Bypass the pre-pump filter, instant pressure and start. Good to go until I can drop the tank.

Droped the tank today. My pickup foot disintigated. The peices clogged the filter. My guess is that some of the pieces also clogged the tube and came ouf with compressed air.

All is fixed dc a running well again.
Just an FYI for if anyone runs into these symptoms.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Still/was running the stock pickup foot after all these years? Pretty simple diagnosis for you to get the ole girl back on the road.. glad it wasnt something serious.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online