Truck Dies At Cold Start

Bruno2

Reaction score
My truck gave me a miss a few days ago when I started it up in the morning. The next day it did the same thing. Now whenever I start it up in the morning it dies instantly. It does this repeatedly until I give it some pedal and get it a little warm. While doing this the engine runs and misses trying to die several times. It takes about 5 minutes to get it to where it will run. Once I get it running it runs just fine for the rest of the day. Until it sits overnight. Whenever I am cranking it in the morning I get smoke so it is getting fuel.

Anybody run into this before??

Tom S

Reaction score
I have not but I think I would check to see of the HPOP reservoir was empty when it dies.

Bruno2

Reaction score
It gave me a CEL today and stayed on. It gave me trouble as usual this morning and even gave up some later after I had been driving it awhile. However, this morning when I got the no start I did some checking. The HPOP res was all the way full to the fill plug when I checked it. I have to pull the sensor that is on top of the res to check this one b/c it has the allen head and it is stripped. Whenever I put the sensor back on and hooked it up the truck started right up and gave me no problems from there.

I have an AE , but , my laptop is in the shop. I need to call and get it back so I can run some data stream. I havent had time either , but , I need to hook up my HPO gauge I had made so I can see if I am getting enough oil to even start it .

What is enough psi to start 700-800?

Latest posts

Members online