truck dies when I try to accelerate

sleeps

Reaction score
97 7.3 will sit and idle perfectly. If you try to get going even slower than normal it Will die. Any idea what's going on? Just changed the fuel filter to see if that was it and it's doing the same thing.

Happened over 20 miles and putted it home the first day it happened with ice sensor unplugged then later that day after it sat at the house I plugged it back up and the truck ran fantastic for that day. Next day and everyday for a week since then the same issue.

2015sixohno

Reaction score
Faulty mechanical lift pump in the valley is the more likely culprit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

79jasper

Reaction score
Or junk in the fuel lines or selector valve. (If applicable) like the tank pickup screens.
Also check the IPR nut.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

sleeps

Reaction score
I have over 150 rpms.

Well...changed the oil and filter and it didn't crank up. Figured maybe it had old thin oil or too low. So I unplugged the icp sensor again just to see and it cranked up. 580psi icp at idle . Plugged icp back in, same way it was 5 minutes ago and didn't touch a thing and it cranked up again where it wouldn't crank before.

Still won't let me give it throttle without shutting off. Will idle though.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Is there oil in the ICP connector? When my ICP sensor went bad, the truck started to lope and when given any throttle it would barely move a bit and that was it unplugged it parked it in supermarket parking lot, ended up not starting at all after.

I went to ford I got a new icp and cps just in case.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.