truck fuel locked help

wyoradcat

Reaction score
truck is a 2003 6.0:driving down the road and truck started to have a bad fuel knock and running rough. died and I tried to read the codes on tach but couldn't remember how and turned the key on and off four times and then tried to start motor didn't crank and was locked up. in fear of bending a rod didn't try to start again. removed glow plugs and bumped starter over to crear fuel from cylinder. remover valve cover to replace injector number seven and found injector hold down bolt broken. how can I remove the hold down and injector with out using the bolt. trucks about due for studs thinking of pulling heads off and fixing it that way but would like to get it going before it snows to much again thanks.

ghohouston

Reaction score
#7 is gonna be a HUGE pain to get to/see, but ill bet you can get a 90 degree drill in there with some left handed drill bits, then an extractor, seeing how the hold down dont get torqued down THAT much. The only issue I see you mayne running into is since the hold down bolts are so small, you may have a hard time drilling it centered, or breaking off the extractor if you get it drilled.

If the bolt is broken flush with the holdown, I would try my damndest to get a pry bar in there and pry the hold down out, then you could put an extractor socket (or vice grips if you dont have them, but I recommend the socket) on the rest of the bolt sticking up.

wyoradcat

Reaction score
thanks for the imput I must of had oil left over in the hole and got a weard torque or something changed the injectors in my truck 33 times never had a problem tell now. I just need to see if any one has ideas on getting the injector out first with out destroying it thanks

wyoradcat

Reaction score
Well did a set of stock ones then a set of 170s and a few dead 170s got changed then went to 190s and changed 3 of them

Latest posts

Members online