Truck goes boom build thread

dohcter

Reaction score
First one of these posts I've done, so ill start with a little history...purchased the truck with a engine that was down on compresion in one cylinder, and 3 others that were so so.. Tore it apart and found #2 was .035 over sized already lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405269487.185328.jpg
zuja6atu.jpg
5e6uga6e.jpg

So I found a engine with roughly 30 k in it that had the following mods
New block
Crank cut .010 mains/stock rods
New stock rods
Elite delipped, vale relief, coated pistons
Elite ported heAds, +1 valves, stage 1 springs
Elite stage 1 cam
Elite pushrods
Elite modded hpfp
Elite torque tow turbos
Elite tial wastegate
15% nozzles
No limit intake
4" downpipe
Upgraded hot side pipe
yva5e6an.jpg

Got the truck running and it was great, made great power, Trans didn't like it so well. Ha. Had about 8k miles on it, (was on the 3rd oil change already) rolling down the interestate on spartan 210tp tune, pulling a load up a hill at about 30-35psi, and it sounds like I blew an up pipe, pull over to the side of the road. Towed into tr nearest town, and got trailered home. Found the flex plate is in 2 pieces and a bunch of bearing material in the oil filter..
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405269665.777129.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405269682.201801.jpg

Anyone guess what happened, tearing the truck apart now. Havnt decided how I want to fix it yet. Might get a enhanced short block and swap pistons and cam. If the block is trashed

Last edited:

dohcter

Reaction score
Truck goes boom build thread.

Ya...glad I could make a first for something. Baffles me at what happened, unless it was dropped at one point in time in its life. Block appears to be ok, but i will have the rest of the crank out in the morning. At Last I have a discussion piece for the wall of shame

dohcter

Reaction score
No clue on why it happened other then my **** luck. It also hit one piston. Which sucks.

5ene8uza.jpg

Enhanced short block, hpfp, and oil cooler ordered along with a set of hd pistons. Going
To loose the cam, but oh well

Last edited:

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
No clue on why it happened other then my **** luck. It also hit one piston. Which sucks.

5ene8uza.jpg

Enhanced short block, hpfp, and oil cooler ordered along with a set of hd pistons. Going
To loose the cam, but oh well

Bent rod would be my thought.

Latest posts

Members online