Truck got broken into.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Im in the process of moving into a hotel while the house we are buying is built. Night 2 at the hotel i get in late and have to park in a questionable portion of the lot. Made sure i didnt have anything of any value visable. Ill be dammed if they didnt knock in the lock and go thru the truck. Stole a flash light, my work phone and some check stubbs in the console. Also with it my paycheck which was mobile deposited. Ive been thru this in my other truck once and it sucks. So last night i beefed up the door handles to hopefully divert anyone from trying to get back into the truck. I cut some 18g sheet metal and placed them on the truck with 3m tape which is a b#itch to get off and then ran screws thru the handles for extra protection/ deterrant. Then drilled out the phillips heads to again make it difficult to remove the screws. Now they will either break the window or destroy the door to get in. It really jacked up my day yesterday. Today though.... got a call from the office asking if i lost my paycheck. Turns out the fuc#tard attempted to cash my check that had already been deposited and it was flagged. They apparently caught the guy. So now im sporting this nice bling on the flatbed till the new handles show up. Stupid ford plastick handles and having a key hole on both front doors. uploadfromtaptalk1459472862349.jpg

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Id like to see some one follow this idea with obviously no screws but a cnc cut piece that mimics the handle but extends maybe a half inch past the plastic on the outsides. . The 3m tape would be perfect for that i think. It could be painted, black and /or stainless steel

cRaZy8

Reaction score
2 of our work trucks have been broken into the same way.
Jackass stole an EZPass, then used it! The ignorance level amazes me.
Needless to say he was caught.

Does anyone make beefy handles or door protection of some sort?

JMart

Reaction score
The jimmi jammer keeps them from going under the handle, but not from knocking the lock out of the handle. I made a modified design to keep the lock in place as well as keep them from going under the handle. I made it out of 1/4 in steel. For 1/4 the price of jimmi jammers.

sootie

Reaction score
The jimmi jammer keeps them from going under the handle, but not from knocking the lock out of the handle. I made a modified design to keep the lock in place as well as keep them from going under the handle. I made it out of 1/4 in steel. For 1/4 the price of jimmi jammers.

care to post a pic?

Chatham036

Reaction score
I installed a viper alarm system that pages my phone when the alarm is set off. Works great.
Plus I added two amplified sirens behind the air vents in the dash. The human ear registers pain at 135 - 140 decibels. Each siren puts out 165 decibels

for reference, a jackhammer on concrete is only 110 decibels.

Long story short, if the idiot is dumb enough to try and withstand the pain, he will not only have ruptured ear drums but he also wont hear me walk up behind him after my phone goes off.

JMart

Reaction score
I installed a viper alarm system that pages my phone when the alarm is set off. Works great.
Plus I added two amplified sirens behind the air vents in the dash. The human ear registers pain at 135 - 140 decibels. Each siren puts out 165 decibels

for reference, a jackhammer on concrete is only 110 decibels.

Long story short, if the idiot is dumb enough to try and withstand the pain, he will not only have ruptured ear drums but he also wont hear me walk up behind him after my phone goes off.

There was a guy in our local club that had all that too. By the time he got into the parking lot he got to watch his truck drive away. They did leave part of his alarm module in the parking space though.

JMart

Reaction score
care to post a pic?

Nope. I put in the time to design and build them, but I am not allowed to sell them on here. Don't want someone else with metal fabbing skills and a vendor account to be selling my ideas around here without me benefiting from it.

Chatham036

Reaction score
There was a guy in our local club that had all that too. By the time he got into the parking lot he got to watch his truck drive away. They did leave part of his alarm module in the parking space though.

Gotta be smarter than that on the install! In order to remove my alarm you will have to remove the dash and instrument cluster. It takes 32 seconds for my phone to receive the notification once the alarm is set.

I work at a powerstroke specialty shop. I dont think any of our guys can even touch the module in less than a minute even with the proper tools already on hand.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
I made some jimmy jammers out of stainless for a shop truck when i was in dallas. The bad thing about them is they will still try to get in as long as there is a key hole. I will be doing away with the key hole when the new door handles arrive

JMart

Reaction score
Gotta be smarter than that on the install! In order to remove my alarm you will have to remove the dash and instrument cluster. It takes 32 seconds for my phone to receive the notification once the alarm is set.

I work at a powerstroke specialty shop. I dont think any of our guys can even touch the module in less than a minute even with the proper tools already on hand.

He was in a hotel on an upper floor, so it took him a few minutes to get down to the truck. The police recovered the truck. It was pretty messed up inside. Theives don't care if they have to bust the dash to turn off the alarm. Good luck to you though. I hope you never have to go through that, just don't think its going to stop someone who is determined and skilled.

Latest posts

Members online