truck got vandalized

Wojo

Reaction score
So tonite me and the wife left to go get icecream. Went out to the truck and bothe sides were scratched. I presume someone used a key. They scratched from front to back. On bothe sides. Anybody have any idea clue what itl cost to fix? I have full coverage will that cover it less my deductible? Let me know guys. Ill get piks ip asap

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Do u have full coverage? Should just be ur deductible. And that sucks I hate little fags that do that.

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Probably just some kid being stupid and showing off. They have no idea what kind of damage that crap does. Any cameras around anywhere?

Wojo

Reaction score
No cameras around. I it happened in my alley in front of my garage. I do have full coverage and a 500 dollar deductible. The I'm honestly not to upset. I am a detention officer for the county jail and know better than to park in the alley and not in my garage. I'm hoping the insurance company sends me the check directly.I used to do bodywork and can fix it myself. If. They do there will be some changes made and some upgrades done. Does anybody know if they will send the check to me?

fordboy11

Reaction score
Same thing happend to mine. Never looked the same and it was in a few different shops. But it cost me about 3k for a scratch all the way down the driver side and smashed mirror on the pass side. But all I paid was my 250 deductible.

bluedge8

Reaction score
if you have a loan on it they will really push to have the check made out to the body shop or you and a body shop, if there is no loan you can request to have it made out to you.

Wojo

Reaction score
Hmmm. I well we will have see then lol. The hopefully it works out in my favor

Wojo

Reaction score
Yeah. I've gotten the check twice now. Once again for 456 bucks when my mirror got fdesteoyed and again foe over 2000 when my truck got rear ended. Once was someone elses insurance for the mirror. Second was my insurance for the rear ending.

Agjake11

Reaction score
ouch that sucks to hear. i would be pissed. i dropped my deductible to 250 for that type of stuff after having it broke into twice with a 1k deductible and having to fix it myself

chappy

Reaction score
My friends comapany was state farm. Mine is allied which is affiliated with nationwide and they don't do it.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
If the title is free and clear they have no choice but to cut the check to you. If it's still financed they generally send it to the place doing the work to protect the lien holder.

mudslinger02

Reaction score
I have Progressive but when I got hail damage on my F150, they made the check out to me and the lien holder. All I had to do was bring the check to the bank that had the loan and they cashed it.

Wojo

Reaction score
Yeah. I found out there gonna send it to me and the shop doing the work. The shop doing the work is a great family friend. So once he cashes it he's gonna let me fix it up how I want. I think about the only change made tho is gonna be a tanneau cover. Itk be nice to have some fresh paint on theold girl tho. There were some chips here and there and then my old stripes faded in to the paint. Im kinda excited as bad as it sucks.if there's enough money left over im gonna try for air horns and an overhead monitor for the truck also. But we will see how far that gets me.

Latest posts

Members online