truck puking coolant

P.I.S_7.3

Reaction score
Truck has 238/200 injectors 38r billet turbo and arp studs. Also has 300k miles on it with original headgaskets.

Truck is blowing water out of the coolant tank as soon as you start it up. It even blew the capoff.

Almost zero pressure in the crank case. Oil is not mixing with the water. No smoke out of the tail pipe. Water in over flow tank is clean. Truck runs ok. Little power loss. Slight miss to it. Little rough.

Any ideas? Head gaskets?

P.I.S_7.3

Reaction score
Cups are good I believe. I just changed them because that's what I was told it was but had no change. No diesel or oil in the coolant

Blowby

Reaction score
Get a test kit from Napa. This will tell if combustion gasses are in the cooling area. If not then you can rest assured the HG's are OK.

JS-BT500.jpg

bigfords

Reaction score
I'm thinking either way its going to be combustion gases. Whether its a cracked head or a bad head gasket. What else could be putting that much pressure in the cooling system?

Blowby

Reaction score
Have you checked the pressure? Is it greater than 16 psi? Is the cap plugged?

Edit: I see you stated it blew off as soon as you started the truck. Sorry dude.

Last edited:

P.I.S_7.3

Reaction score
No the cap didn't blow off instantly. If you screw the cap on tight it won't puke right away. If the cap is off it bubbles out right away

TyCorr

Reaction score
That was it? Cracked tank. Or did the tank.crack.because of the pressure?

TyCorr

Reaction score
I thought you said it was new? Your post lead me to believe that you replaced the shti.and then it cracked.

P.I.S_7.3

Reaction score
No sir. It started out as a slow controlled over flow of the coolant bottle. Now its progressivley gotten worse. Now soon as you start it with the cap off it blows out almost instantly.
Yesterday it would only do it when u free rev it then let off it would push water out. But only after u let off the throttle

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
You will be pulling the heads. There is nothing other than combustion gas that can create the pressure to blow out the cap as soon as the truck is started.

P.I.S_7.3

Reaction score
Well looks like ill just pull the engine. I don't care to fight it in the truck. That way I can fix my oil pan leak too

Latest posts

Members online