Truck pulls right while braking - need some suggestions

strokinaround

Reaction score
Alright, I need a little advice here,
I've done some searching around but still can't find a solution to the problem. Truck is an 05 4x4. I've already replaced both calipers, lines, and pads, but it still dives to the right when I brake. My next guess would be the abs pump?? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Had a 02 f250 that did the same thing and i couldnt figure it out. Ended up needing to put new hub lockouts in and the pull stopped. I have no idea if the lockouts had anything to do with it tho.
Deff was crazy annoying while towing because the pull was twice as bad pulling 6,000 pounds.

strokinaround

Reaction score
Yea I wondered if it was 4x4 related. The hubs aren't locked in and the tires spin freely though. I had a guy tell me it was abs but I'm not throwing any abs codes? The calipers helped a little but it is deff still doing it. The mechanic I took it to was stumped.

florida 6.0

Reaction score
Did you get all the air out when you swapped the calipers? I had to bleed mine quite a bit to get them even .

strokinaround

Reaction score
Yup I did. It was doing it bad before I replaced the calipers. It's somewhat better now but I still have to hold onto the wheel while stopping or else it heads right. I've also check tie rods and they appear to be fine. Have you heard of it ever being the abs pump??

TyCorr

Reaction score
Sounds like you put a good caliper on a bad slide pin that's causing your problems. Unfortunately the uneven pressure will ruin that caliper and rotor too.

If you take it apart and the slides are all lubed and move freely then the brakes aren't bled.

I fought an issue like this and I got pissed and replaced it all. It worked but the slide was tye culprit.

Irishcream

Reaction score
could be a bad valve in the master cylinder. Lets say you get a hole in the brake line on the left hose, the valve will divert the brake fluid away from that side essentially sealing off the leak so as to no lose all the brake fluid. it's basically a safety feature. If the valve is stuck to one side your truck will pull to that side because all the brake fluid is sent to that side. It can be reset by stomping on the brake pedal as hard as you can. it may take some doing but eventually it will straighten out. This may not be the issue but it happens more than you'd think.

strokinaround

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated. I'm gonna do some more messing with it tomorrow and see what happens. The guy that aligned it for me swears it's the abs pump but I've never heard of that being a problem.

TyCorr

Reaction score
It could be. It sounds less ominous than that to me. Sounds like worn/misaligned brakes.

strokinaround

Reaction score
Well the first thing I did was take it to get aligned last week. After they were done toying with it the driver side tire is leaning in towards the right extremely bad. So that didn't help things at all. They're doing the alignment again in the morning to fix that tire. I tried stomping on the brake a few times like IrishCream suggested but hasn't seemed to help yet.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, it wont. I could have told you that. I was about to ask if he was serious.

strokinaround

Reaction score
Well I took it for another alignment this morning and that seemed to fix my problem. Doesn't pull at all anymore. Thanks again for all the posts.