Truck run like crap

Monster Stroke

Reaction score
Hey guys my dads 08 6.4 is running like crap.

It's smoking at idle. Like a blueish gray kinda smoke and when you're driving it just hazes the entire time no matter how much you're getting on it.

It has spartan tunes, DPF delete, and CAI.

I'm thinking it's the EGR gumming up? Any thoughts?

I loaded up one of the tunes that has the EGR delete in it and it seems to have solved the problem... Is this going to be a problem since the EGR is actually still fully fuctional?

Do you think that's even the problem? Also if I were going to delete would you guys suggest a full delete kit or just the block off plates?

Thanks

MINK

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with disabling the egr with the tuning, I would think about deleting it soon though as its cheap and functional.

Nic

Reaction score
do the deletes..getting the cooler out of the equation is easy and cheap and no more worrysome there after. Should have been one of the things yall should have considered during the first mods :poke::ford:

Monster Stroke

Reaction score
No codes. What do you mean by power balance? The EGT's seem normal as well.

And I tried to get him to do all kinds of stuff to his truck but I'm just a dumbass who's younger then him so I obviously don't know anything lol

This is the reason my 6.4 runs better, faster and gets better mileage. Now he decided to ask for my help haha

Monster Stroke

Reaction score
Damn I must be behind the times lol I can tune with EFI live but I can't even monitor my Powerstroke lol

Who do you guys recommend for an EGR delete?

Monster Stroke

Reaction score
mmmm... It does run a little rough... It's really laggy and hazes that off color smoke ALL the damn time. It smells but I don't think its a different smell??

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.