Truck won't go in drive.

cbking

Reaction score
Just del*ted my *** and did a 4" exhaust. I tuned the truck with an sct x4 with preloaded gear head tunes. The truck now won't go in to gear. I put the truck back on a stock tune and it will go into gear and move under its on power but it went in to a no start no crank due to the missing ***. Retuned the truck the gear head tunes and it will start and go in reverse but won't go into drive. Hoping I'm being clear on the issues. Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldskool

Reaction score
Tune has wrong trans strategy. Will have to call them back at get the right one for your trans.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

cbking

Reaction score
Tune has wrong trans strategy. Will have to call them back at get the right one for your trans.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That's what I had read about. Truck ran fine on the canned sct tunes. Looks like the truck will be out of commission for a bit.

78f100

Reaction score
They should be able to email you the correct tune tuesday, pm them they may surprise you with a file before then.

cbking

Reaction score
From what I've been told from the company that I purchased the tuner through is that there are preloaded tunes for both trans strategies. So I have to try the other set of tunes.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
From what I've been told from the company that I purchased the tuner through is that there are preloaded tunes for both trans strategies. So I have to try the other set of tunes.

Yup usually they come with 2 sets of tunes, if one doesn't go forward try the other set.

One set is for Job 1 08s (TCM) and the other set is for Job 2 08s and newer (TCM).

78f100

Reaction score
Yep, I assumed you only had one strategy, load the same power level tune with the other strategy and you will be good to go.

Latest posts

Members online