TRUCK WONT START HELP!!

Reaction score
Hey guys my dads truck wont start after i took out the IPR and cleaned it inside and out. new seals etc.

i was DIagnosing stuff so i swapped CPS with mine and ICP
well Put cps back in and Icp and it wont start.
bought a new ICP and still wont start just cranksss... could air have gotten into the ICP hole? i mean it just cranks doesnt even hick up or pick up

twelch3

Reaction score
Did you double check all of the plug connections on IPR,ICP,& CPS?
You may need to top off hpop reservoir from replacing IPR.
Good luck!

Tom S

Reaction score
Was it woking OK when you took the IPR out? If you have the means to look at the HP oil pressure that sure would be helpful.

Reaction score
It ran fine before i did all of this. I have a Diesel Mechanic helping me VIA phone. so im testing fuel PSI soon... and ill try to check HPOP oil but the PLUG is stripped

4cstr

Reaction score
Did you physically take the IPR apart to clean it...or just spray some cleaner on it? If you took it apart...there are some very tiny parts in there that are fragile, and if not put back exactly as they came out...well issues would develop. I would try and swap out with a known working IPR and see what happens.

Tom S

Reaction score
You can take out the oil pressure sensor to refill the reservoir.

Reaction score
i took apart the IPR. as in all apart, The piston and needle are all in tack!

idk why it wont start, What will a Bad IPR do? that wont cause a NOstart will it?

4cstr

Reaction score
Yeah it will. I had an IPR going out on me...and had to crank long and hard to get the truck started. As soon as I put a new IPR in...the truck started like new.

If the IPR is bad and not allowing high pressure oil to get to the injectors...the truck won't start.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
i took apart the IPR. as in all apart, The piston and needle are all in tack!

idk why it wont start, What will a Bad IPR do? that wont cause a NOstart will it?

It will definitely cause no start.... The IPR regulates how much pressure makes it to the injectors basically (in a vague description). If it is stuck wide open (which can happen if its not plugged in), then the result is 0% ICP and without atleast 450psi your not going to get it to fire over.

Ive had them stick both open and closed, stuck closed and youve got 4000psi AT ALL TIMES which is a little scary

Latest posts

Members online