truck wont start

oldbluef250

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I lifted the cab off my truck and put headstuds, an oil cooler, and an egr delete on. I also put 6.4 banjo bolts in and the upgraded fuel pressure spring. It took a couple cranks, but on the second time cranking it fired up. It ran for about 10 sec then shut off. I figured it was no big deal, there was probably just some air in the system. So i cranked it again and it fired right up. This time it ran for about 3 sec or so and it shut off again. I now cannot get it to start again. Anyone have suggustions?

TurdHerder7.3

Reaction score
Have you double checked all your connections? Probly be a slow day on here. I know nothing of the 6.0 to speak of but this is my first thought, and my most common mistake.

Wright337

Reaction score
Will it go dead even if you are pressing the skinny pedal? When I did my oil cooler it took mine several tries to get it to run rite. It had a lot of air in the system.

davey99ps

Reaction score
I just got done doing an oil cooler an egr delete on my buddies 04, it took a decent amount of cranking to get it lit.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Put some battery chargers on it. Try cranking it, its giong to take a while, but dont try a steady crank for 5 minutes solid and take half of your starter's life away

davey99ps

Reaction score
When I did my buddys truck, i put a battery charger on 1 an then used my truck an jumper cables on the other. It was kind of a pita to get it to start, but after it finally lit it stayed running great.

Latest posts

Members online