TS Burner Pro Software Issue

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
My old laptop died..... I'm in need of burning a chip for a guy so I slapped the software on my work laptop with Windows 7 (just like my old laptop). I get nothing but error messages saying "No Hardware Found" Doesn't matter what my COM settings are, what USB port I am trying, how many or how few USB items I have plugged in, etc.....

Looking for ideas... I'm missing something and its probably simple.

Reaction score
My old laptop died..... I'm in need of burning a chip for a guy so I slapped the software on my work laptop with Windows 7 (just like my old laptop). I get nothing but error messages saying "No Hardware Found" Doesn't matter what my COM settings are, what USB port I am trying, how many or how few USB items I have plugged in, etc.....

Looking for ideas... I'm missing something and its probably simple.

Throw it all in the trash and put a Hydra in it.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Throw it all in the trash and put a Hydra in it.

That's not really all that useful to solve my issue at hand. I know there are much newer and better options now..... that doesn't change the fact that I still have a small handful brand new blank TS Chips that I purchased years ago in bulk to get better pricing when I was doing performance work on the side. Occasionally burning a brand new chip for someone until my stash is depleted seems like the best thing to do.

Reaction score
That's not really all that useful to solve my issue at hand. I know there are much newer and better options now..... that doesn't change the fact that I still have a small handful brand new blank TS Chips that I purchased years ago in bulk to get better pricing when I was doing performance work on the side. Occasionally burning a brand new chip for someone until my stash is depleted seems like the best thing to do.

I think you're missing one of the windows 7 drivers. I remember I had to go hunt it down for the SCI bridge or something like that. My burner completely fried itself last time I used it. Not sure what that was about.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I thought that was likely the case.... except when that has happened to me in the past it usually errors out with a "missing component blah blah blah" that you can readily search for download and be all good.

I just went through and installed the software on my desktop running my CNC software (Mach3 for anyone that is interested).... its a very stripped down version of XP.... I went through and got the missing components taken care of. It seems to be working now.... its just frustrating that I couldn't get it to work on the newer more friendly laptop.

The more I have thought about this... it has to be a communications issue....

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I've had it working on another copy of Windows 7 on a different laptop before.... but it died so I was trying to make it work on my work laptop to get by. Failed miserably. If I get some time I'm going to go back and try it again, but my trusty Windows XP machine saved the day. lol

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
Good deal! Even matt said prob wouldn work on 8 but i was in a bind an got lucky. Playin w dinos is fun till windows gets in the way lol

Latest posts

Members online