TS chip wire routing

superduty4x4

Reaction score
I was wanting to put my chip switcher in the dash bezel next to the WTS cluster but I don't think it can be done without extending the wiring. Curious if anyone has managed to make it happen without stretching wires. I may just fab up a little bracket that attaches to the steering column so that the switch is "hidden" under the column.

Tom S

Reaction score
Watch your routing coming out from the e-brake as it can pinch there. I tape mine down to keep it in the spot I want.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I cant understand how there could not be enough wire, I have seen several mounted there... Might have to go up and over the column and such, but it should reach.?.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Watch your routing coming out from the e-brake as it can pinch there. I tape mine down to keep it in the spot I want.
That's the issue I was running into... getting it out from behind the e-brake and routed in a clean path. I went down under the aluminum dash support that the e-brake bolts to and started trying to figure out a way to get where I wanted, but to keep the wire routing clean I'll need to lengthen the wires. Or, maybe I just need to spend some time looking at it when I'm not in a hurry and it will make sense. I went ahead and removed the chip until my injectors get here... a chip setup for stage 1's on stock AA injectors didn't make much of a difference anyway.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Chase, I've went up and over the aluminum steering column bracket. Kinda tricky to fish the wiring up and around but it bypasses all the pinching spots. Didn't mount the knob that high up though. It's in the open spot to the right of the steering column below and between the vent opening. Had plenty of wire there but never tried to get it up higher and farther out.

Might try spacing the ebrake out like he did above, then it's a better shot out of the chip for the wire.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Chase, I've went up and over the aluminum steering column bracket. Kinda tricky to fish the wiring up and around but it bypasses all the pinching spots. Didn't mount the knob that high up though. It's in the open spot to the right of the steering column below and between the vent opening. Had plenty of wire there but never tried to get it up higher and farther out.

Might try spacing the ebrake out like he did above, then it's a better shot out of the chip for the wire.
If I had placed my order a day earlier like I meant to, I'd have had the chip in hand last weekend when I had the entire dash out anyway and could have easily routed the wire behind that aluminum brace. Oh well...
Spacing the e-brake out a little bit seems like a good option, I'll have to pick up some washers.

Strokersace

Reaction score
You can do it with the dash in. It's easiest to drop the cable down from the top, then attach to chip, then to the pcm. That's how I did it.

Either way, you can't go wrong.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
You can do it with the dash in. It's easiest to drop the cable down from the top, then attach to chip, then to the pcm. That's how I did it.

Either way, you can't go wrong.
Right, it would have just been way easier to get the wiring where I need it when everything was apart. Glad the dash swap is done and over with... what a PITA.

Latest posts

Members online