TS Livewire and SCT EGT 9817 not reading

dzldoctor

Reaction score
Have a TS livewire with the SCT 9817 EGT probe. It will not read correctly. Will go to 330* about. It is set to SCT EGT 9817 in the monitor. Tried a new kit 9817 an still the same thing. Any ideas called SCT this morning and hung up after 35 minutes of waiting since I was 13 in line and only went through 2 callers. Any Ideas? Thanks Is in an 06 F250.

dzldoctor

Reaction score
Anyone have any issues like this? trying to resolve this. Spoke with SCT this morning and they really had no response except to send the livewire and the EGT kit in to be tested. I have the livewire set to egt 9817 in the settings, but will not read correctly.

04stroker

Reaction score
I do not have a great answer for you but I can say I have had multiple problems with the livewire TS and these types of problems. Not reading paremeters correctly, will not retrieve DTC's while the CEL is on but the X4 will pull the DTC's fine 2 minuted later etc.... I am not really a fan of the unit.

dzldoctor

Reaction score
I have become a non fan also due to these type of issues. Any way to resolve this? Anyone else? Have 2 different truck doing about the same thing.

sootie

Reaction score
I have not found any way to resolve it at all and I have tried, I also had the issue with multiple trucks. So I just stick to the X4 and Edge CTS and have no problems.

:whs: never again will i try a TS

dzldoctor

Reaction score
Yes just recently did an update. No change, installed brand new EGT kit didn't change either. Called sct NO help. Usually they have been very helpful. thanks for the replies. I have been recommending the sct with edge for monitor way better.

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with a ts and sct egt probe...went through all the same steps you did...what I found was where the flat prong plug on probe side the wires are bare and were twisted and touching each other basically shorting it out. I separated the wires and it finally worked.

Extended Power

Reaction score
I was actually starting to look at the TS, just so I could read the pulse width of my tunes.
I'm reconsidering that now....

Latest posts

Members online