TS Performance Chip acting up

blindrodie

Reaction score
95 Ford F250 PS 7.3L with 4 inch magna-flow exhaust turbo to tailpipe with performance muffler. [everything occurred with the chip set a 70 hp] This is the 2nd chip they sent to me. First one would stall at low speed when idling down to a stop. Total electrical power loss like the batteries just jumped out of the truck, check engine light on. Always started back up after a few moments. Turns out it was not programmed correctly! (Found this out on a tech call to TS Perf. on the second chip!)

So new chip, quick easy install and off I go around town. No issue. Same trip, getting onto highway, reached 60 mph and as I crest the top of a slight hill, engine looses all fuel power but not electrical! Sure was easier to signal and stop. Shut it down, restarted, went home and pulled the damn thing. On the second chip tech call the guy says that maybe the fuel filter is dirty or that I have low oil. Low oil ruled out, but just MAYBE the fuel filter needs changed...one more try I suppose. Your thought.....THANKS Jim

blindrodie

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Gets me going on another question.

So I pulled the fuel filter. I'm surprised it had not shut the engine down long ago!! Truck seems to "Run like a Deer" now. This chip is also picky about whether the engine oil level is low. More testing to be done but I sure do like the TS Performance chip. Happy it was not a bad chip the second time around. If you have any questions about it let me know. It's SO MUCH BETTER than stock it's not even funny.

OK, so now I want to know why I would go to the expense of a good tuner? I haul horses and run Gross at 20,000 lbs. Can I really benefit from making my own adjustments and don't I need to know a lot about engine performance and the like to make useful changes? Thanks in advance, Jim

Magnum PD

Reaction score
If everything is stock, it may not be beneficial to get custom tunes.

blindrodie

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm Stock at 211000+ miles. Drive every day. Haul heavy often in the spring/ summer/fall. Tymar cold air intake. 4 inch MagnaFlow with performance exhaust, no Cat. 2.5 ton Air Lift bags. She's my F250 and three quarters! :bowfast: :walkin:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.