TS problem

Lamont_24

Reaction score
Anybody have any problems with the high idle on their TS six pos? I went out and started my truck last night and put it on high idle and it was running just fine, standing by the door I hear it sputtering and running like chit, I go out and I put my foot to the floor and get it to 1500 and it's white smoking like crazy and then it starts dying and then shuts off, I try to start it back up and after a while it starts and shuts off, I then put the chip on high and it runs fine, I don't understand why on high idle it would do that?

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Sounds like your fpr is plugged.

Sent from the left lane with the hammer down...

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
So the only time this problem occurs is when you are in your high idle setting? The problem completely goes away when you change to other tunes?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
So the only time this problem occurs is when you are in your high idle setting? The problem completely goes away when you change to other tunes?

That's how I took this as well. If it only does it on one setting I would be looking at the tune
New chip. Or just started doing it ?

Lamont_24

Reaction score
It only does it on high idle setting, it was about 20 degrees so I don't think the fuel would have gelled up. But yeah as soon as I put it back to a normal tune it ran fine, it started cleaning up as soon as I put it back to normal

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
If the problem completely goes away when you change tunes, I think you have found your issue...

Lamont_24

Reaction score
A guy from my a/c class told me that he read somewhere about people who start their truck with the chip already on high idle that it will do what it did to me, so maybe that's all it was

yzrmbsg

Reaction score
A guy from my a/c class told me that he read somewhere about people who start their truck with the chip already on high idle that it will do what it did to me, so maybe that's all it was

From my experience, most Tuners will tell you to start the truck in any other tune but the high idle tune and then switch to the high idle once its started. Not sure if they suggest this because of what you are going thru.... when you say "normal tune" do you mean you are putting it in. the stock setting or a 60/80/120 "normal for you tune?"
What you are describing sounds like it was just cold outside and it wasn't plugged in. At least that what mine does if I forget to plug it in.

Lamont_24

Reaction score
Normal tune as in not stock tune, and what's weird though is that it ran just fine after that, and it's never done that when Ive started it colder

Binder man

Reaction score
forget to plug it in? Hell I never plug in. If it runs that bad you need to start looking into Glow plug/injector/UVCH issues.

yzrmbsg

Reaction score
forget to plug it in? Hell I never plug in. If it runs that bad you need to start looking into Glow plug/injector/UVCH issues.

Glow plugs/relay, harnesses are all fine, injectors have 157k on them. Delo 15/40. Temps in the sigle digits to low teens. If I don't plug it in, I have to hold the the throttle down a bit to keep it running for about 30-45sec, or it will just lope once or twice and then die, let it warm up a bit and I'll be on the way. Once I do that, it will start normally throughout the rest of the day. Truck runs as good as it ever has once its warmed up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.