tsb 11-7-10 shifting problems

Reaction score
Just to let everyone who doesnt already know. There is a old tsb (11-7-10) on the 2011 trucks that has to do with shift flares and irratic shifts and other issues. Well its hard to find all the info i needed, so i went out on a limb and dropped my pan and got the band numbers off the three high pressure solenoids and changed them with the new ones. I was worried i would have to get the pcm and tcm reflashed as stated in the tsb. But since my mini max is up to date, i did not have to get it reprogramed. I have only put around 20 miles on it so far. But the shifting is great so far. It seems to shift right on time and it seems firmer. So far no flares or irratic shifts and it normally would of. So to anyone with a early eleven, i would recommend doing this if your tired of the way the truck shifts.

DWhite

Reaction score
I have an early 11 and the only time it shifts weird or has flares is when it is cold.
How much did it cost you for the solenoids? I might as well do it just incase.

Reaction score
The solenoids were 34.05 a piece from the local dealer. But you probably could get them cheaper thru sunrise or online. I just went thru the dealer beacuse they had them the next morning.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Is there a reason why the truck needs flashed or to be up to date after the solenoid replacement.

The weird thing about the flare on certain trucks is that it's not consistent. Mine has done it a couple times but it is only when it's cold. Warm. Zero issues. I often wondered what the viscosity of the oil was at cold Temps. Can't seem to find any data on that.

Glad you got your taken care of. Keep us up to date please.

Reaction score
the part numbers are on the tsb. But you wont know which ones you need out of the ones listed until you drop your pan and see what ones you have. The band numbers have to be the same. But my problem did it all most the time warm or cold. I put another 45 mile on it tonight. The shifting is still doing great.