tstat took 3 hours...

nasty6.6

Reaction score
Truck hit 243xxx miles and started running cool so I picked up a 203 deg tstat and billet housing. Figured it would take 30 minutes to swap out. Then after drilling and having to rethread the waterpump where the housing ties into it I got done 3 hours later. Who would have figured :cursing:

TyCorr

Reaction score
I probably would have lost patience and tossed the waterpump too. If thats the case, it'll probably go next month, lol.

PSDEng

Reaction score
I too have a perfectly good water pump sitting above my garage with two broke bolts still in the t-stat housing

jaybuller

Reaction score
probably nothing down in tx. but up here in Michigan in the winter I want a hot heater! not a warm one. plus these diesels ignite the fuel better with the warmer engine.

JD3020

Reaction score
That ain't nothing.

I had 3 or 4 water pump bolts that were siezed up tight. Talk about a PITA trying to get in there and grind the heads off, and most of them were on the bottom of the pump which made it even harder.

Maybe a thousand miles later i pulled the engine out. LOL

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
place a socket on a long 3/8" extention and smack it with a hammer before trying to turn the bolt, helps most of the time

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Don't feel bad man, I spent 4 hours today trying to remove a fan clutch that the previous owner decided locktite red into the shaft of the water pump. Eventually had the remove the radiator so I could pull the water pump with the fan and clutch still attached.
Even sitting in a vice it took an hour and a 4 foot section of pipe to break that sumbitch loose.

Latest posts

Members online