tune issue or injector issue?

05wh250

Reaction score
I'm having idling issues on my truck right now. I had a transmission put in it a couple weeks ago, got it back put my new tunes in it and it started missing while idling. Emailed Eric he adjusted the tune and its better but still misses at idle and sometimes in gear. I tried my old tune for the stock trans and it doesn't miss but it is really rough, almost to the point it will vibrate your foot off the brake pedal. The old tune is for unplugged spill ports and the new ones are for plugged.

I have had ae on it and buzz tested the injectors and performed power balance tests but nothing shows up. Does it need to be stock tune when doing power balance tests?

05wh250

Reaction score
I'm assuming you have plugged spill ports? If so if you put it in drive just sitting still does it smooth out?

It does for the most part but you can still feel it every once in awhile in gear. I've got the stock tune on it right now gonna see if it does it tomorrow.

JGman141

Reaction score
Jesse warren found a table in the tuning that makes big injectors run like stock while idling. I think he told Eric how to do it but not 100% sure

04stroker

Reaction score
Yea I have several of them with plugged spill ports. I'm pretty sure they just turn the ICP up at idle to help the issue with plugged ports maybe see what yours is at idle with plugged spill port tune and maybe ask Eric to bump it up a bit more.

JGman141

Reaction score
Currently I'm running drews tuning from backroad performance. http://www.backroadperformance.com His customer service is amazing and he has no issues working with you to get your tune just the way you want. I would highly recommend him. No other tuner has had my truck running better.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online