Tuned via minimax & using dashdaq

2good2Btru

Reaction score
Anyone using a dashdaq as a display unit while you're tuned by a mini max. I've heard the mini will revert to stock as soon as you unplug it. Some say say it will revert after about 5 key cycles.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
on a 6.4 it will stay on the selected power level indefinitely

on a 6.7, it will revert

now, plugging stuff into the OBD and sending signals across it could change the power level somehow. I know if you run a bully dog or H&S on a 6.0, if you plug a scanner (Snap-On, etc.) it'll often toggle it to the highest power level! LOL disconnecting the batteries will toggle it to the lowest.

But my experience with my 6.4's is it will stay indefinitely even removing battery power.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I've been using a minimax to load tuning, then unplugging and using dashdaq for gauges for a long time.... There's nothing to worry about

Riverside

Reaction score
Im going to be doing the same thing, tuning with the mini and monitoring with the dashdaq.

Is there any kind of a OBD spliter.

Something so that someone could just simply shut down on system then power up the other without having to reach down and fiddle with unplugging and plugging in cables.

Not looking to have both systems powered on at the same time

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I tried using a few different splitters, it drastically slowed down the dashdaq and certain pid's wouldn't register to monitor.

Has anyone had any luck using a splitter and it not slowing down monitoring? I also wouldn't recommend trying to download a tune to the truck or anything of that nature using the splitter... I'd just hook the mini maxx direct to obd port

Riverside

Reaction score
I tried using a few different splitters, it drastically slowed down the dashdaq and certain pid's wouldn't register to monitor.

Has anyone had any luck using a splitter and it not slowing down monitoring?

Did ya have just one powered on or both at once.

Maybe certain brands are better quality or made from different, higher transfer rate material.....just a thought.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Did ya have just one powered on or both at once.

Maybe certain brands are better quality or made from different, higher transfer rate material.....just a thought.

Yeah I had them both on at once which is when I was having the monitoring issues. Like you mentioned, I might not have had the highest quality cable... It was a random one I bought off eBay. I'd love to have them both runing at once if I could

gman1

Reaction score
Thank you good sir.

You are using a spliter like I'm wanting to?

Say a mini and a dashdaq plugged in at the same time with just one powered on.

If so, anything negative?

I use 2 Dash Daq,s at once for monitoring. Works good. Once in a while 1 of them wont read 1 or 2 PID,s so I just restart it and all is fine.

Riverside

Reaction score
I use 2 Dash Daq,s at once for monitoring. Works good. Once in a while 1 of them wont read 1 or 2 PID,s so I just restart it and all is fine.

Thanks.
Wonder if the splitter you used is a little better or running 2 dashdaqs....same platform.....is why it worked well.

Thanks for the link.

Yeah I had them both on at once which is when I was having the monitoring issues. Like you mentioned, I might not have had the highest quality cable... It was a random one I bought off eBay. I'd love to have them both runing at once if I could

I would also love to run both at the same time.

Did you use the shift on the fly power adj. Of the mini with both running?

If so anything odd happen or did it change PW as expected

Reaction score
It doesn't work for my truck. (6.4) and lots of times the dash daq won't connect if the minimax is running. If you shut if the minimax (at least with mine) it reverts to "stock" power level every time. So I cannot use both at once.

Riverside

Reaction score
Well I got the splitter mentioned a few posts ago in this thread.

I removed the key-on power source for the mini and mounted the power box that has the key-on or battery power switch to where I can access the switch fairly easily.

I can only test this KOEO as my truck doesn't run.

It looks like when I put the dashdaq in sleep mode then flip the mini's switch from key on power.....key on is "off" without the power supply cord....to battery power powers up the mini and starts reading right away.

Flipping the switch back to keyed power to turn off the mini then waking up the dashdaq seems to allow everything to read correct.

This is where I put the mini's power box.

20140825_172449.jpg

ckrueg

Reaction score
It doesn't work for my truck. (6.4) and lots of times the dash daq won't connect if the minimax is running. If you shut if the minimax (at least with mine) it reverts to "stock" power level every time. So I cannot use both at once.
Hmm I read in the manual that the minimaxx is supposed to stay at the last used power level if it is unplugged?

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I have been running a dashdaq for gages and a mini maxx to tune for awhile now and the only issue I have is the dashdaq freezes up when I have them both running with the splitter. And mine stays tuned with the mini unplugged.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Right now i'm using my DD from my DRW and have it in my F-250. I bought a splitter off of amazon.

I tried running my X4 and my dashdaq at the same time. The dashdaq will either update really slow or it wont display certain pids. I found that turning the dashdaq on first will solve the problem. Same goes for AE if I turn the DD on before AE all will work fine.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I went to an xrt pro for this reason. simple and EASY !

Latest posts

Members online